“Good buffet, better service and clean!”
Review of hometown buffet - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Description: Great Buffet For Everyone
Description: Great Buffet For Everyone
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Went to lunch and I found everything I tried to be good. It is a tad bland but that was expected. Salad bar is great, the options were plentiful and this was an enjoyable meal in a nice setting with pleasant servers.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a buffet simple as that. I was pleasantly surprised that the potatoes actually had chunks of potato in it - was expecting instant - the steak I was expecting to be dry, but they must have brought out some fresh right before I got there because it was cooked perfectly "medium" the way I like it and it was seasoned well. I did get a hold of some "old" ribs though so they were tough - but have had them before when they were falling off the bond and still tender. Canned or frozen vegetable options. Just got tastes of a few things so I could assess whether any good, some was bland, but just needed a little salt, wasn't lacking in ingredients. Salad bar was varied, taco bar chips are fried there can tell - so a little greasy, cheese sauce needed replacement was old and a bit cold so didn't eat. I was surprised that the desserts weren't that bad standard as expected but not bad (frozen soft serve, cobbler, apple crisp, hot fudge cake, bread pudding, banana budding, chocolate/vanilla pudding, coconut cake, chocolate cake, carrot cake, cookies etc.)- I recently had a Reno Grand Sierra Buffet and the desserts were worse there in my opinion. The staff was very friendly and very quick about removing our dishes and it was BUSY when we were there, we also had a table of 6 so I was pleasantly surprised by the service. Overall having a good dining experience is about knowing what you're looking for and knowing what to expect when you get there. Fine dining experience this place is not, but when you have hungry kids, paying $4 for them to eat until they are happy in a kid friendly environment is a home run. Adult dinner price is around $11-$12 little more if you get a drink ($2 for the drink) We fed a family of 4 for about $35

1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The food is uninspiring and bland. But there is a lot of it. The salad bar is nice and has a good variety of items. The hot food is basic buffet food, the deserts are mediocre. The wait staff is good at removing your plates when you've had enough. If you don't mind mediocre food, you will be happy.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The food here is what you would expect from a buffet: unseasoned, mass made, etc. But, that's what one expects at any buffet.

The ham is usually pretty good; however, I would stay away from the steak. It's usually pretty fatty and over cooked.

The service is good...Well, the hostess who takes your money at the front door is friendly, and the waiter I usually have is a friendly fellow.

The cups they give you for your drink does require you to make an unusual amount of trips to the soda fountain, but that's part of the experience I guess.

The desserts are always pretty good.

1  Thank kj6gcs
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My wife and I decided to try home town buffet and were very displeased. first our server only stopped by our table to tell us her name and followed us too the door as if expecting a tip. The food that was availabe was nasty and bland the only tasty item was their mashed potatoes. the potato salad was runny and gross the steak was chewy and under cooked and everything I tried was dried out bland and nasty. My wife and I spent 30.00 dollars for drinks and food and were really disappointed save your money and skip hometown buffet.

1  Thank decade420