“Great Place”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Corning, California
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

First- I can afford to stay here. Secondly- considering the price, it's just a great place. The people are nice, the rooms are clean, the TV works, the shower is nice, I can sleep in the bed, the buffet breakfast is on time, the coffee is plentiful. Is there something else to say?

Room Tip: Just ask the desk for what you want.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Charles062

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Most definately stay here! The place is very clean and updated. Breakfast was very good considering the reasonable nightly fee. I totally agree with all the favorable reviewers on this sight. It was one of our best stays during a two week trip around northern California. It was the only place that even asked us how pleased we were with the accommodation. Management should be giving management/hospitality classes to other hotel operators. I can't say enough good things about this place... so thanks again for the lovely stay! Vicky, from Missouri.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vik28
Palo Alto, California, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed 2 nights. The rooms were very clean and nice. The staff was wonderful. I really enjoyed my stay. I used the Hot tub it was great. My Grandchildren used the pool, it was awesome.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Georgette P
Yuba City
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Our experience at this hotel was awesome in every way...economical, very clean rooms, great breakfast, and staff was very eager to help any way they could! I will definitely return, and probably won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leudy
Northern CA
Reviewed April 12, 2012

What can I say about this place? It's definitely an interesting place. I stayed there twice.

Good - It's clean and inexpensive. The location and other customers felt safe. Free breakfast was good. Both times the hotel felt pretty empty... a few cars in the parking lot, but not many. TV was modern and flat. Great location next to Sonic and some other great eats.

OK - Shower, sink, beds, blankets, pillows = all average. TV channel selection was strange... but all the basics were there. The TV remote was hard to use, and no, I'm not challenged. You had to hold the button down for a few seconds to get a channel to change, and then sometimes it skipped the next channel.

Strange, not necessarily bad - The room seemed "almost" done. The pictures on the walls are teeny tiny and everything seemed very sparse, almost like they were not done decorating. Even though I stayed there 6 months apart and they looked just the same. The towels in the room are very small and thin, there was only one trash can, which was in the bathroom. No luggage racks and almost no place to store your stuff. The staff seemed all about 18. The young woman that checked us in didn't even know what a luggage rack was and seemed generally clueless. Her very young friend was there often and I walked through their personal conversation about boys several times. The young man that was there at night generally smelled like pot... although he seemed happy. The young woman there the next day was very nice and friendly, although she looked like an exaggerated 50's magazine ad, (intentionally) that happened to be covered in tattoos. She was distracting a man in uniform because she wore very low-cut shirts, showing a lot of skin and tattoo work, and had a very strange manner.., I suspected she may be an android. But at least she was cute and seemed a little more intelligent then the first two desk clerks I encountered. The young man doing landscape was planting flowers... for three days in a row! He just kept adding more flowers... He was awesome and always grabbed the door for us. I had to wonder why the owner and/or manager employing so many young folks. Who, quite honestly, always seemed confused when you asked them a question and seem to have their friends in the lobby a lot. There are a flock of crows living in the tall pine trees outside; and yes, it's very creepy. Oh, and I should not forgot to mention that I watched with interest as behind the hotel at a fenced, empty, dirt lot, two Indian men, who looked like business men, set up a small table and chair and, for some unknown reason, put a plastic cover over a mattress.. that was lying in the dirt. Does this sound like a twilight-zone episode to anyone but me?

Would I stay there again? Yep, you bet. Strange as this place might be... it was inexpensive, clean, safe, and entertaining.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs with window facing back of building... it's quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Deanna_CA
Redding, California
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel and left a necklace that my grandparents gave to me after i graduated bootcamp in the room. It wasnt until i got home in Redding,Ca that i realized i had left it. i called the hotel, they had housekeeping check the room, returned my call n mailed my necklace back the same day. this kind of customer service really is a lifesaver.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim G
Calumet City, Illinois
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed here three nights for a family get-together. We had a room with double-beds because there was three of us sharing the room. Originally, there was supposed to be four of us, and the rooms were too small to sufficiently accommodate four adults (maybe 2 adults and two small children) but it served its purpose for three adults. Beds were comfortable and bathroom clean, but housekeeping did not do a good job of getting the room cleaned- apparently if you are in the room when they come to clean it, you are just out of luck and they don't come back until the next day. They cleaned the first night, we had to call for clean towels the second night, and the third day they just handed us towels. We actually had to call the front desk to have someone remove the trash from the room. We also had to ask for a garbage can and hangers for the closet because they are only provided upon request. There was a pool, but it was closed for the season, and no fitness room or business services area. The reason I rated very good as opposed to average was because the rates were affordable, customer service was excellent from the front desk staff, plenty of free parking, the facility itself was impeccably clean, its centrally located so you can get anywhere quickly, and the continental breakfast was by far the best I've ever seen at any similar type of hotel. They even provided trays for you to take the food back to your room if you wanted. If you need a place to stay, aren't looking for any frills and are watching your dollars, then you can't beat it.

Room Tip: They had a fridge and microwave in the room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
#3 of 7 in Marysville
Motel 6 Marysville South
Motel 6 Marysville South
#4 of 7 in Marysville

Been to Travelodge Yuba City? Share your experiences!