“Wonderful Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yuba City
Harkey House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Yuba City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful night in this beautiful home. We reserved 2 rooms. My 91 year old mother-in-law & her sister were in 1 room & my husband & I were upstairs in another. We all thought it was a very nice place to stay. The breakfast was delicious. We had fresh fruit, muffins, rolls, sausage, frittata & chile relleno soufflé. Our hosts were friendly & knowledgable. The home had beautiful antique decor.

• Stayed: April 2014
lawton212, Owner at Harkey House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Lona,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We enjoyed meeting and getting to know you during you three months stay as a traveling nurse. These reviews really help future travelers make decision about where they wish to stay in the Yuba Sutter area.
Best to You with you summer at home in Ohio.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a traveling nurse and stayed in the cottage for three months during the winter months. I absolutely loved it! I had everything I needed to cook. I decorated for Christmas with a real tree. I was far away from home and the owners, Lee and Bob, made me feel right at home. It is in an area of homeowners. I felt very safe. There is adequate outdoor lighting.
I would use the hot tub for two, which was nestled between trees for privacy. This was my best living arrangement thus far as a traveler. Everything is neat as a pin. I had access to the free laundry room. I only wish it would have been warmer for pool use. They maintain the entire area meticulously. The cottage is a space that can be used solo or a couple could easily spend more than just one night there. I can't say enough good things about Lee and Bob and their property.

Room Tip: Cleaning supplies and cookware are provided right down to a coffee bean grinder and garbage can line...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lona G
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was slow make a reservation for the popular Bok Kai festival, so I ended up staying in 2 different rooms during my weekend visit due to availability. I have no complaints, though: both rooms were beautiful, comfortable, and clean. Lee and Bob are great hosts who are very knowledgeable about the history, culture, and recreational opportunities in the Yuba City & Marysville area. The house is beautiful and clean with a wonderful and tasteful mix of colors and textures throughout. I found custom soap, fluffy robes & towels & maps in each room. Don't judge Yuba City by Hwy 99: Bob and Lee can tell you where the great restaurants are!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I, along with two other couples, booked three of their rooms for one night after spending a day at West Coast Falconry. All three rooms were lovely (we stayed in Tuscany and our friends had the Cottage and the Empress rooms) with wonderfully soft linens and very comfortable beds. This was our first experience in a B&B and if all B&Bs are like this one, it won't be our last. Lee and Bob were very pleasant hosts and the breakfast they made for us was wonderful! The location was great...we were able to walk to dinner. The home itself is fabulous and with a ton of character. If ever in Yuba City again, this would definitely be where I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
lawton212, Owner at Harkey House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our B and B. We really enjoyed your group and hope to see you again one day. Your feedback is very important to us.
Best of luck

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lee and Bob are great, friendly hosts. The B&B was quite charming, in a beautiful neighbourhood. I loved the bedding, the yard, the flowers. Definitely recommend and will stay there every time we go back to Yuba City area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our bed and breakfast.
Feedback from guests is very important to us.
Perhaps we will see you again one day.

Harkey House B and B
Yuba City, Ca

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Harkey House for six months as I was working in town. I stayed in the cottage in the back with a beautiful view of the pool. It had a kitchenette set up and it was fuly stocked as well as a cozy "wood stove" style heater. The linens were always fresh and the property is spotless and well organized and set u[. Bob & Lee (owners) are kind, friendly and social and made me feel right at home. I had never stayed at a B&B but a friend encouraged me and I am glad she did. The Harkey House made being "on the road" much more tolerable and it was because of their "warm" friendly environment they promote there.

Room Tip: For a standalone room stay poolside in the cottage- if you are a typical B&B traveler you would...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

What a wonderful weekend getaway we enjoyed at the Harkey House. You feel welcomed and at home the moment you walk through the door. Beautifully decorated and tastefully furnished, this B&B is a place of sheer relaxation and pampering. The hosts, Bob and Lee, are incredible people who definetly have found their calling as proprietors of this awesome retreat. We loved the Tuscany Room, the bed was so comfortable it was like sleeping on a cloud. So many lovely and whimsical touches to see and enjoy throughout the house as well. Loved the comfy robes provided, too. Breakfast is a delightful experience! Wonderful vegetable frittata, fresh fruit and Bob's special French toast is perfect with a glass of champagne! It was very nice to enjoy conversation over breakfast getting to know our lovely hosts. Really look forward to a return trip to Harkey House. Highly recommend this delightful B&B.

Room Tip: The windows in the Tuscany Room over look the yard and pool, a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank happy4travel
lawton212, Owner at Harkey House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

We enjoyed meeting both of you and appreciate the great review of our Harkey House Bed and Breakfast located in Yuba City. We look forward to seeing you and meeting some of your friends during your next stay.
The Best of the Holiday Season to you both.