“Disappointed!”
Review of Motel 6 Yreka

Motel 6 Yreka
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

First, when checking in Dona on the front desk tried to over charge us 10 dollars more than our confirmed reservation with the National office. A call to the 800 number settled the amount, then she did not want to acknowledge the AARP Discount.

The room. Not vacuumed for several guests. Cigarette butts and burnt matches plus just plain dirt lurking. Bed very poorly made, the mattress pad mostly kicked under the bed. Questioned the if the sheets had been changed.

Bath ok clean. Mattress fine. Towels and hot water ok.

Not the worst M 6. Far from the best!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wrinkles13
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Wrinkles13, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

All I can say is unbelievable. We were on the 2d floor, in a nice quiet corridor, so felt pretty good about things. We could certainly overlook the tiny television, the carpet stains, the dirty walls, and even the hole in the bathroom door, but come on, the bed situation was beyond ridiculous. Supposedly there were no queen beds available so we were given two doubles, fine. I sat on one and started to laugh as I literally fell into the wall because the bed sloped so badly. We thought, we can still make this work, we'll sleep in the other bed below the window. And woops, that bed frame also sloped. We dared to look under the beds (yuck, not cleaned in years) and could clearly see that both bed frames were horribly broken. We had to wonder, how could any housekeeper possibly make those beds without noticing the broken frames? And then it became quite clear, push the beds against the wall and hope the wall holds up the mattress! We were told, "well those rooms will soon be renovated", but of course that didn't help us that night.

Room Tip: Stay at the Motel 6 in Weed, less than 30 minutes away!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SimnCaite
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I think most of us who stay at Motel 6 expect a clean room and a reasonably comfortable bed and not much else. Those needs were met, it's the not much else.
The first and most obvious is the TV. I know I'm not at the Ritz and I don't spend much time watching TV when I'm on the road, but the room STILL has a tube TV. And a small one at that, wilt a crap picture.
The second not much else is the internet. It is S-L-O-W. Your charged $3 extra for it, so in theory it should work. It does, at dial-up speeds and looses the connection often. Just trying to check your email is a pain. If you are entertaining the idea of streaming a movie, forget it.
On the plus, i would like to give a shout out to Dona and Michael at the front desk. They were very gracious when I requested a different room (hoping for something very quiet) and helpful when it came to advice about local area things, good restaurants, grocery stores, etc. They are the best part of this motel. Thank you both for your wonderful service.

Room Tip: Ask Dona or Michael.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The people were nice. The location was convenient off the fwy. And it was clean enough. Most of what you typically need for a Motel 6 over night stay. But the bed was bad. It may have actually been just a box spring. In that the bed is really important for an over night stay, my rating is low. We were in room 114.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have stayed at some different Motel 6's before, just for one night while driving on vacation and for the value....but this Motel 6 was really something! I think because they rent out weekly units, it might bring their clientale down a bit. But the non-smoking rooms all have ashtrays in them, just with a circle with the line in them. The manager said it was for guests who would like to smoke outside but I don't think many take the ashtrays outside because there was cigarette butts all over the sidewalks and parking lots. The room smelled very musty and old. And the topper was, there was a sign at the pool that stated if you have diarreha or have had diarreha in the last 14 days, you can't swim in the pool. That sign made us leave the pool area, thinking that they must have had a real problem with it to put up a sign, we have never seen that sign before at any other Motel 6. So this place made us decide to never stay at another Motel 6 again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hmmmm.... Motell 6 Yreka, CA: 1 free outlet in the room (excluding the bathroom) and half of that is taken up by the TV. I can plug in my phone or my laptop - but not both (unless I plug one or the other in bathroom or unplug the RV). Every other M6 room has an outlet behind the headboard; of course, you have to move the bed to use it. This room has one but it is closed up by on outlet cover. Not a very business friendly room.

***NOTE: I originally posted this feedback on Motel 6's Facebook page and to their credit, they responded with 5 minutes - which is impressive.

Also - This motel is located next door to a Black Bear Diner which turned out to be a great place to eat (see my review and other's elsewhere on tripadvisor).

Room Tip: Chose a room on the pool / interior court to avoid highway and parking lot noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank eugeboy_at_LARGE
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stay in hotels 300+ nights every year and I stayed here on August 3rd. The checkin was fast and efficient. The building and grounds are well maintained, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Overall a great place to stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business