“Bring a power strip!”
Review of Motel 6 Yreka

Motel 6 Yreka
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hmmmm.... Motell 6 Yreka, CA: 1 free outlet in the room (excluding the bathroom) and half of that is taken up by the TV. I can plug in my phone or my laptop - but not both (unless I plug one or the other in bathroom or unplug the RV). Every other M6 room has an outlet behind the headboard; of course, you have to move the bed to use it. This room has one but it is closed up by on outlet cover. Not a very business friendly room.

***NOTE: I originally posted this feedback on Motel 6's Facebook page and to their credit, they responded with 5 minutes - which is impressive.

Also - This motel is located next door to a Black Bear Diner which turned out to be a great place to eat (see my review and other's elsewhere on tripadvisor).

Room Tip: Chose a room on the pool / interior court to avoid highway and parking lot noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank eugeboy_at_LARGE

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stay in hotels 300+ nights every year and I stayed here on August 3rd. The checkin was fast and efficient. The building and grounds are well maintained, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Overall a great place to stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChuckMosher
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This trip I was approaching Mt. Shasta from the Oregon side after visiting Crater lake and the Rogue River Gorge. Usually I'm coming from the other direction and stop at on of the non-chain motels in Weed, which tend to be more economical than in Mt. Shasta city. But this time when i reached Yreka, it was past dinner time, so I took the exit that went past the motels and over to the Carl's Jr. It struck me that everything I needed was conveniently close together in Yreka, so I went over to the Motel 6. The young lady at check was cheerful and friendly. So was the fellow behing the counter the next morning when I went to get hot water for tea. Enough to make a difference in both cases.

The Motel 6 room was pretty much like a Motel 6 room, although I'll admit it did not smell terribly fresh. Shower worked great, and the wi-fi was adequate in my room. The main thing that stood out was that the two times I went to the office, the person behind the counter was smiling, helpful and pleasant without being, y'know, too chatty, fake or annoying. Works for me, I guess,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The staff is great and very friendly. We have always stayed her when we come very impressed usually. This visit the room appered dirty and sheets were no doubt non changed! I don't complain but no way did I sleep under sheets!!! Next time ill stay across the way at the Baymont only $12 dollars more!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ShellieRoanhorse
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stay here for one night on our way to Disneyland. I was quite impress with the price in the beginning, the help desk was helpful and courteous, the hotel was close to some restaurant and fastfood and easy to get back to I5. The bad part is the room was very small, toilet paper was not enough for the stay, no extra electrical outlet to charge your phone or laptop. We can tolerate all of the above problem but the worse is the beddings are quite dirty, the room was smelled smoke eventhough i requested a non-smoking room. I was extremely sensitive to smoke because i never smoke and i hate it because i have small kids. They gave us a room in the lower level which is the worse part i think because some people check in late an you can hear all the noises in the upper level and barking dogs. That night i hardly sleep and the worse part is i will drive another 8 to 9 hours that day. I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN.

Room Tip: Choose an upper level room and smell the room first if you choose a non-smoking rooom. If smelt bad...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lito C
Reviewed October 3, 2012

On 9/8/12 My wife and I stayed here. They gave us RM# 121 The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and quite. One thing I liked was the coffee was ready before 6 AM. Yes next time I will bring my own coffee cup. ( just a joke between me and one of the staff)

Thanks for a very nice stay

Emry & Virginia

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Hotel 6 is nice in general, but the following reasons why I will NEVER EVER stay in Yreka, OR again. In succession: (1) two full beds instead of queen beds for two adults and a child, (2) only enough toilet paper for 4 visits to the bathroom...remember, this was for three people! (3) only enough towels for 2 people instead of three. (4). THE GRAND FINALE. THE AIR CONDITIONING DID NOT KICK IN UNTIL ABOUT 3 AM. We arrived just before 4 pm. The air conditioning was so loud that it kept waking us up all night!

Disappointed to say the least!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is easily accessable to the parking lot. Once in, make sure that the heater/air...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family