“Wonderful and friendly place! Glad I could stay!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Yreka
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Yreka, California
“Wonderful and friendly place! Glad I could stay!”
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Baymont is a great hotel! I got there with a friend of mine and the front desk ladies were very nice and offered a bunch of stuff for us to do while we were in Yreka and were constantly assisting any need we had. The pool and hot tub were also fun and relaxing. The rooms were nice and the beds were comfy but the best is after sleeping was getting up and having waffles for breakfast downstairs. I had a great time and next time I see a Baymont, especially this one, Im gonna stay fo sho!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Manager019, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Yreka, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
Thank you for your kind words we have been working hard in doing up gardes to the property for our guests to enjoy. Hope to have the pleasure of accommodating you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Baymont Hotel in Yreka, Ca. They have a nice big indoor pool and hot tub. The kids loved making their own waffles in the morning and they had a Big Bear Restaurant in walking distance. We were on a budjet and if you are too, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
California
Reviewed July 16, 2009

They speak fluent English! Very friendly and helpful staff. Close to restaurants. Room and bathroom was very clean but a little small. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom shower head had multiple settings, i.e. massage etc. A quiet hotel off the main road. Air conditioner was cold but on high was loud. TV contrast setting was a little off but it had closed captioning for hearing impaired. Continental breakfast was typical. Indoor pool looked good, but I didn't go swimming. My wife said, "I like this hotel! I'm glad we stayed here." That's all that matters to me.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I realize my review title is a little hurtful to Yreka, but this was our third stay in the town and I have yet to find a nice hotel (this was the nicest so far and that's not saying much). We booked this through hotwire (turns out we could have booked it direct for the same rate) and it was called a 2.5 star property, based on the room we had that's stretching it by a half star. There is an indoor pool but it was closed, the front desk woman on our arrival wasn't very friendly but then again she wasn't rude either. We were on the second floor and I was a little shocked to see that part of the hallway was blocked off with yellow caution tapes, I'm hoping that they were just remodeling but it wasn't very welcoming. The room was snug and a little dated with two double beds but it was clean enough. Breakfast was adequate, nothing particularly tasty but no one left hungry. To be honest, I'm going to try very hard not to end up in Yreka in future roadtrips because there seems to be a lack of decent accomodation but you can certainly find worse places to stay in town and I've yet to find better...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
red bluff
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Okay, ready for this disaster. Stayed here one night in Sept 08. When I arrived, I was told they did not have a room for me, even though I had my room confirmation number with me. After standing at the counter for 45 min, the manager told me she "found" a room for me, though it had two twin beds instead of the two queens I was guaranteed. Took the room. Had to wait while she went and cleaned it. Once in the room, I noticed coffee grounds on top of the coffee maker, water, etc. The place had not been vacuumed. I decided it was not worth complaining about at 10:30PM. Turned down the first bed and found it was covered with black hair. Turned down the second bed and found the same. Gross! I started to go to the front counter to complain when the manager came to my room, looking for her keys. 11PM now. While the manager was searching my room for her keys, I showed her the hair covering both beds. She said she had just changed and made both beds herself, and that the sheets must have come from laundry that way. Gross again! She called the lady at the front desk and they changed the sheets, etc. The front desk person did not know how to make the bed, so I ended up helping her make it. While she was picking up the hair covered sheets, I opened the dresser and found the drawer full of someone else’s clothes. The manager was kind enough to take all those with her when she left. Finally, everyone is gone and I can go to bed. The walls are very thin. A big fight broke out at about 2AM, just outside my window. I learned more swear words this night that the 10 yrs I spent in the Navy. In the morning, I found the inside of the shower curtain was just covered with dirt and what looked like grease. Had to wash down the shower curtain before I felt comfortable enough to shower. I was so glad to leave. They were generous enough to take $20 off my stay for all my trouble. I saw the same manager in the morning when I was checking out. She did not say a word about the previous night, no apology, nothing. PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Liked — Leaving the next day
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
PrPERSON15, Public Relations manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Yreka, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
Thank you very much for bringing this problem to our attention. Your comment was one of the reasons for her immediate termination. Baymont Inn & Suites does not condone this kind of behavior and assure you that our responsible staff will take good care of your lodging needs.

Travelers are raving about these Yreka hotels

san diego
Reviewed September 14, 2008

When I booked my room I informed them that I was a mother of two small children that would be traveling alone with a dog (my husband is in Iraq). When I arrived they had not selected a pet room for me so they had to "accomidate" they put me on the second floor... Mind you... There are no elevators. I had to carry my 10 month old in one arm and drag the suit cases up the stairs. My toher daughter in only 4 so I had to get after her for dragging the dog up the stairs. In the morning I went down for breakfast. I of course left the dog in the room. There was no where for me to put my girls. So we walked over to the Black bear (awsome place) when we came back I had a note on the door that they did not clean the room because of the dog. In the mean time.... They cancelled my key card so I had to carry the baby and take my other daughter as well back down the stairs to the desk. She cancelled the card so she could tell me why they did not clean.... (cant they call the room for that) I could not believe it. She then told me.. You can not leave your animal in the room. I explained we left for 45 min to get something to eat. She said there are no exceptions. Later I called down stairs. I told her I wanted to take the girls to the pool but I didnt know what I could do with the dog.... She told me "Oh, when you are in the hotel you can leave her...." I thought I was going to scream. I was so glad to get out of there. The last day I hauled ALL my suit cases, the baby, the 4 year old, and the 5 pound dog, down the stairs and sped out of there. My husband asked... Why didnt you just leave.... 1st I booked a month in advance so all the other hotels were booked. Second. I was so tired from the 16 hour drive that I just wanted to sleep.

• Liked — Beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Clean, comfortable, well-managed; nice pool and hot tub in a large, attractive, indoor space. (No elevator to the second floor - only stairs - but that may be par for the course in Yreka for all I know. Stayed at the Comfort Inn a few days prior; it also had no elevator but was dirty and smelled like someone had recently died in each room.) Right next door to the wonderful Black Bear Diner. If you're just passing through, the Baymont is a perfectly pleasant place to stay and offers excellent value for the price. I would certainly stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, value for the price
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)