“Good pet friendly hotel”

Best Western Miner's Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My husband, our furry four legged son, and I stayed at this hotel in mid October 2010. This was the halfway point to our drive in Oregon. When we checked in I understood the reviews from other travelers about the customer service. The person at the desk (I didn't get her name) seemed annoyed and wanted to rush me out during my check in. It wasn't until she found out I was a travel agent that she actually seemed interested in my stay.
Our room was number 106, downstairs. I highly suggest getting a downstairs room by the creek. My whole family was pleasantly surprised at the room. Due to the ultra pet friendly accommodations, we will return here again. The room is cozy but the back area is GREAT! You have a balcony to sit and your dog can basically roam free with all the other dogs staying there. It was great and because of this you interacted with other guest there. It was also nice to have doggy waste bags and disposal area. The creek is nice to look at but there is a fence so you don’t have to worry about kids or pets.
While I was outside early in the morning it was then that I realized how close you are to the freeway when you stay here. It's convenient and you really cannot hear the freeway unless you really try.
My husband slept horribly but I fell right to sleep (thanks to the long drive and two beers at the local pizza restaurant) When we first arrived I noticed the lumpy bed. Basically two grooves in the mattress where you can tell two people have slept.
In the morning we skipped the continental breakfast which I wish we would have stayed and enjoyed. We wanted to get something on the road but quickly noticed there wasn't much. I was craving the delicious looking muffins fifteen minutes after we left.
Checking out was quick. The two people working the desk were pleasant and professional although they did not ask how my stay was.
Basically my complaints are minor. We will stay here again. Yreka is a very small town and if you're going to stay in the area I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Room was good sized and the bed was comfortable. When we entered the room there was a residual scent, possible cleaning chemicals. After a short airing out the smell was gone. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was mediocre. Price was right. A step above from Motel 6 but definitely not the Ritz.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This Best Western definitely exceeded our expectations. The room/decor had clearly been updated and was much more contemporary. Check-in was a quick process and we were in our room within 5 minutes of arriving. The rooms are clean, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. The continental breakfast had a good variety of food - I appreciated that there were several types of fresh fruit. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would absolutely stay here again ..... and would refer any family and friends to this location.

I read some of the negative reviews and can honestly say that we didn't experience any poor service. Definitely give this hotel a try and come to your own conclusion. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed here in July. Much cheaper than the BW in Shasta just a little ways' down the road. Creekside rooms have a little nicer view than the other rooms that look out on parking lot. Large room, clean and neat.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Miserable welcome from an unhappy receptionist. Given a poor room as I had booked through an agency ( but did get changed). All questions regarding pool use and local dining were begrudgingly answered. Rooms were dark and dull. Very noisy AC.
Breakfast was good, and a pleasant lady working there.
Checkout was equally miserable.
Music from a nearby bar was loud, and the front desk gave me the number of the local police department to call- thanks for looking after your guests.
It is only a motel, but could be so much better.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chwarae422
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We were so disappointed with the room, it's a dark, damp, unhappy place. Ok, the clerks were ok, but that's about it. We have stayed at many Best Western hotels and have been very happy with them, but not here. No, can't recommend it, sorry. We found a wonderful inn in Ashland for half the price on our trip back home, it was absolutely fabulous!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank simivalley1699
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Stayed here on a stopover on the drive from San Francisco to Vancouver. Rooms was large and clean but the decor was a little dated. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family