“Very good stay”

Best Western Miner's Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Staying at this motel was very good...quiet, good restaurants within walking distance and in a very interesting little town. Breakfast was better than most. Would definately stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rbaird_12
Sandra P, General Manager at Best Western Miner's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a review we really appreciate your time and very thankful you decided to stay with us. Thank You Management

Reviewed November 5, 2012

we have a friend in yreka ca and back in aug we stayed here we like that they take dogs and only charge $10.00 nice and clean rooms great breakfast tv are flat sreen and large beds are comfortable right in the middle of town no noise from the freeway!

Room Tip: rooms in the back seem to be the best!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. Very happy you enjoyed our breakfast and was great to get you going in the morning. Look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you, Sandra

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Yreka is half way between my home town in California and the the state of Washington, where I was headed for. I chose this Best Western because of positive reviews of tripadvisor members.
The place was easy to find on the edge of town. Check-in service was friendly. It's a large complex, and I had to drive out into the street and up around another corner. I was rewarded with a quiet room. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean. Flat screen TV, fridge, in room coffee maker, other ammenities, none of which I needed. I enjoyed a good night's sleep. There are several restaurants within walking distance.
I felt the price I paid for a single person, around $80 was fair. Breakfast in the morning was typical of Best Westerns, quite a variety of items, eggs, sausage, gravy, waffles, toast, muffins, bagels, cold cereals, yogurt, coffee, juice, milk, I probably forgot some items, but it's enough to get you on the road and last til lunch.
Would gladly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The problem I reported in a previous review has been corrected. Rooms are updated and very comfortable. Our last two stays have been great. Personnel at the front desk are very pleasant and accommodating. Yreka is a nice town and warrants some exploration.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we are pleased we were able to make corrections to make your stay more comfortable and memorable. Look forward to accommodating your stay in the future. Thank you Management

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I found this hotel by checking on the map for a city that was about equidistant between Vancouver Canada and Anaheim, while planning a family trip to Disneyland, and Yreka was it. After examining the other reviews and swayed by my loyalty rewards membership, I Picked this one. The price seemed recent, and I knew that as a Best Western there were certain standards it had to meet.

Meet them it did, and indeed exceed them by far. We got a 2 queen bed which was simply huge. The bathroom was a very good size, and the counter space there was great. Breakfast had a large assortment of everything; fresh fruit, eggs and sausages, even sausage gravy, as well as toast and bagels, cereal, and multiple juices. We didnt get a chance to check out the pool, as we were only there over night, but the front counter staff were very helpful in offering advice for a great dinner place across the street

It was a great stay, and if I am ever tempted to drive my family 1000+ miles and find myself in the vicinity, I will absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It is a very nice motel with a large room, separate bathroom and sinks. Having separate bathrooms and sinks can be a bad and good at the same time. It makes the room a lot bigger but it can be an issue with a light sleeper if you want to use the sinks.
Rooms were very clean with lots of drawers and storage area.
The included breakfast is very good, we were expecting the usual cold "continental" breakfast but it has hot food and a variety of breads, cereals, fruits and other breakfast goodies.
The only "downside" would be that it is a bit overpriced for the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a very large property, close to the I-5 and in a good location at the edge of downtown Yreka, walking distance to restaurants. Our room and bathroom were very spacious and clean, with a desk, table and two easy chairs, TV, a wardrobe, microwave, and refrigerator and two Q beds, which were moderately comfortable. A lobby that looks quite new is attractive, and the front desk staff, especially Eden, were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, with cereals, eggs, breads, yogurt and fruit, served in two pleasant rooms off the lobby. But this is an older property, and the A/C units that go through the wall continuously cycle on and off which kept waking me during the night, even though I was wearing good ear plugs. The lighting in the bathroom and extra sink area was excellent, but the room lighting was terrible -- the worst we've ever had in a motel. There are a few old lamps with dark shades, casting the room in a depressing gloom, accentuated by the dark wood furniture and dark bedspreads and upholstery. There was nowhere we could sit or lie down and have adequate light for reading. After a long day's drive, I was eager for a swim, but the pool is unheated and was far too cold. Room rate was reasonable, but the A/C noise and gloomy lighting would keep us from returning.

Room Tip: Unless you're traveling with a group, stay in the main area, not the annex where the convention...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kurseni

Thank you for writing this review we can use this information to improve our hotel and make changes and hopefully some day you will decide to stay with us again. We are in the process of purchasing new air conditioners for our rooms and will look into getting better lighting. Once again we appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us.