“NIce & Clean”
Review of Rodeway Inn Yreka

Rodeway Inn Yreka
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is not an elaborate motel but it is nice and clean and we were happy to be staying in it. I paid almost twice as much for another hotel and it was not near as clean. The people were nice and I would tell all friends to stay there unless there goal was fancy. When my wife and I are in a room for 12 hours, all we care about is a clean, quiet sleep.

Room Tip: Did not look for a spa. Wifi was decent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonR R

Reviewed August 11, 2013

As other reviewers have noted, this is not a luxury motel and the prices reflect it. But it's very clean, the bed's are comfortable and although the bathroom was a bit cramped, we made do without much fuss. Can't argue that it's an excellent value for the money. We didn't have the included light breakfast as we had some very good Danish pastries from Solvang and other snacks with us.
My only complaint: we asked the manager the location of Gold Rush Burgers as we planned to have dinner there. He pointed across the street and just a short jog up the road. When we walked over there a few minutes later (6:45 on a Saturday night), we found that the place closed at 3 p.m. on Saturdays. I would think the staff at a neighboring motel would know that information and pass it on to their guests. Or is that asking too much?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

First off this isn't a 5 star hotel in the sense that it is a luxury hotel. It's not. It's a low budget 1950's motel--right down to cinder block walls and a carport out front of your room. That being said, it's cheap, clean, has free wifi, the a/c works, and the owner is beyond friendly.

Yes, the room is small and so is the bathroom. Yes, it's old and dated--but we love the pink bathroom. The water pressure is awesome and we had plenty of hot water and towels. The linens are clean, the bed is comfy as are the plentiful pillows.

There is a juice, coffee and pastries served in the office in the morning. There is a pool too but we didn't swim thanks to a lightening storm.

And as an added bonus--there were firefighters all over the place thanks to some wildfires. Who doesn't love a firefighter?

Kids loved it, I loved it, we'll definitely stay here again.

*disclaimer for anyone also checking Yelp for reviews, I also posted an identical review on their site for the Rodeway Inn, Yreka.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Older hotel, clean and well maintained. Nice management. Good spaces to walk your dogs, watch for goat-head thorns! the walls are painted cinder-block and very good at noise blocking. the carports are great to keep the car cool.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Its old but very well maintained and good value. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. I liked that there was a carport to cover the car, though I did not need it, it is great for rainy weather.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

A Patel Motel. Called & requested a room for the night. "One bed or two?" Asked the lady on the receiving end. "One." I replied. "We only have rooms with 2 beds available." I was tolld. She laughed when I said "Then why ask how many beds?" A good price and very clean - which is what mattered the most.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Affordable...convenient location. Just my daughter, 2 small dogs and me traveling...felt very safe! Manager was very helpful...made a tough situation a lot easier. Bed was comfortable...got a good nights rest before finishing the rest of our journey.

• Stayed: June 2013