“review of Comfort inn Yreka Ca Staff”
Review of Comfort Inn Yreka

Comfort Inn Yreka
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband Peter and I were delighted by the warmth and professionalism of a staff member Samantha L. of this particular establishment. She helped put our minds at ease with her kindness. I cant say enough good things about her, also the other staff members of Comfort Inn Yreka. Its a place nestled around beautiful mountains and plenty of sky and a beautiful energy. Margaret.

Room Tip: This is a good simple, no fuss place. It suits people like us with kids. They have a little breakfas...
Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret P

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed here many times before and I have always felt safe. The night clerk is always very friendly and very helpful. It may not be much for many, but it is very important for a women travelling alone. I always get my usual room on the second floor and they are always there to help me get up to the stairs. One of the things I love here is the breakfast in the mornings, its the best I've had in a hotel. If you are looking for a hotel in Yreka, this is it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jessicatravelling
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at couple of hotels in Yreka and I have found this to be the best for the price. I travel up and down I-5 quite a lot for work and I have stayed in many other hotels but have found this to be the best by far. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable and the breakfast is very extensive. I will share this hotel with others who travel through Yreka. Its not a truckers hotel so you don't hear trucks idling in the mornings as I have experienced at some hotels. Also the customer service is by far the best I've had at a Comfort Inn, and their Internet worked, unlike a few others I've stayed at in Yreka. You have won my business, we'll see you next time, in about a month. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christy R
vish97, Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are extremely excited to see you again on your future trips to and through Yreka.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before (once year on my trip south), and i'm seeing that it definitely is improving for the better. The Newly upgraded rooms look great. I always feel right at home when I'm here. Love this place, and always will. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the front side, as freeway in the back.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
vish97, Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

I would like to Thank You for staying with us and we love having you stay with every year. We are happy to hear that we are exceeding your expectation and hope to keep doing so every time you stay with us. We will be waiting for your return. Thank you once again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was happy to see the rate my company discount gave me. That was one of the reasons I decided to stay at this location. Upon check in the receptionist asked how many people were checking in. I was traveling with my elderly parents, my 7yr old and my newborn. The receptionist did not say a thing about it. 30 min into our stay I received a call from the receptionist saying I would have to pay an extra $20 per each additional person. When I booked the room I used my iphone app and apparently didn't change the # of people that would be staying. So I told the receptionist that i should have been told that upon checking in. She asked how many people would be staying and i was honest about it, I even initialed the rate amt. That's something that she should have brought up immediately. When I questioned her about the 20 per each add person, she said she would try and talk her manager into lowering it. So while she did that I decided to call choice hotels and was informed by a representative that the charge was actually 10/ per add person and that children stayed free. By the time I hung up the recep was ringing me saying that she talked her manager down to 13/person. I informed what choice hotels customer care had said and after that she was all stutters and said she could drop it down to 10. She didn't seem properly trained or informed. In the morning when asked how my stay was by the hotel manager, I told him about my whole ordeal and all he said was that his employee didn't know much. He called her a liar and even went as far as acting as if he was going to call her in front of me. I was so frustrated, was just so ready to leave. I always stay at choice hotels because of the great value and great service, this one lacked both. I understand they just remodeled and might be trying to get there money back but be upfront about fees.

• Stayed: May 2013
vish97, Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn - Yreka. I am extremely sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I would like to assure you that we are not trying to charge you more then the fair price for the room. The Front Desk agent you dealt with was not aware of the additional person charges with advance reservations. Your reservation was for one person and we only charged you additional for the additional adults, and you were not charged for your kids staying with you. Rest assured, we are not trying to charge you more because we just went through a renovation. You were being charged exactly what everyone else is paying, nothing more, nothing less.

Again, I am extremely sorry to hear what had happened, and we will definitely use this review to train our staff members better so that they can provide excellent service to all our guests in the future, and I hope you will give us one more chance to show you that we care about all our guests. Thank you

Reviewed June 1, 2013

When traveling from Washington state and California, we always stay at the Comfort Inn in Yreka. When we checked in, Renee W. met us in the reception area. Our reservation was ready as was our room. In the past we have stayed at other hotels in Yreka but found the Comfort Inn to be the best. We always get a good nights sleep and after a good breakfast there in the morning we are ready for our next days journey to visit family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are perfect for us.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
vish97, General Manager at Comfort Inn Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Comfort Inn - Yreka, and for sparing your valuable time, to post your review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to note that you enjoyed the ambience and the overall facilities of the hotel.

Your appreciation of our team members is very rewarding and especially for Renee W. Such feedback inspires the team to continue striving harder towards excellence.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Vishal Patel

Reviewed May 4, 2013

A coworker and I stayed at the Yreka Comfort Inn for two nights this week. Believe me, being away from family us not my favorite, but I was able to stay in two different very clean rooms. (We switched because we hadn't planned on staying the second night, and checked out after the first night's stay.) They make a really nice breakfast, which the owner "scolded" me for not enjoying the first morning. Floors, beds, bathrooms and lobby were spotless, even though there was some upgrading being done in the lobby during our stay. This is not a luxury resort, but an amazing value and super comfortable stay just off the freeway.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having your family and you stay at the Comfort Inn - Yreka and we thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Your generous compliments have been shared with our team, and it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Comfort Inn - Yreka

Vishal Patel