“Good value and location!!”
Review of Comfort Inn Yreka

Comfort Inn Yreka
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stay here every week due to work. Very nice staff, reasonably priced, clean/newly remodeled rooms. Good breakfast as well. Great location, easy on/off I-5, lots of dining choices and close to Wal-Mart. All around good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is like staying at your favorite aunt or uncle's house. You know, the family place away from home where you feel relaxed and welcome. The hotel is clean and well kept. They have a great breakfast that is buffet style. The people that run this place are a joy to be around. I love staying here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I traveled to Yreka for work recently and decided to stay at the Comfort Inn. I have since, returned to Yreka two more times for work in the last month, and each time I returned to the Comfort Inn. Firstly, I have never encountered such fantastic service at any other hotel, restaurant, or anywhere else. Everyone was incredibly friendly, and accommodating. A few days after I arrived, I was getting ready to leave for work and my truck battery was dead. I asked a guest in the parking lot if I could get a jump, and he said "No" because he didnt want to "risk hurting his car." Not to worry though, I went inside saw the manager and asked him for a jump and he came out and helped me without hesitation. The same thing happened the next day, and the manager helped me out with a jump again. I have since gotten a new battery. Everyday, after I'm done with work, I need to fax paperwork into my office. Being a small town, the only place I've found here with a fax machine, isn't open past 5:00 pm. I asked one of the ladies at the front desk if she could fax out my paperwork one day, she said "Of course!" Since then I have had all my paperwork faxed out by the front desk without charge, and without worry of them being closed, as the lobby is open until 11:00pm. One day, when I was at the front desk faxing my paperwork out, the lady working the desk at the time asked if I was still going to be staying the following night. I said that I was, and she said that she would have some dinner for me when I arrived from work the following day. Sure enough, I arrived back at the hotel the following evening, and she had some beef stir-fry, and tacos with all the fixins. And everything was delicious. The last time I traveled up to Yreka, I called the hotel on my way to be sure that they had rooms available, they did, and I asked for a lower level room. I was told that they didn't have any lower level rooms available because they were replacing all of the hotel furniture with new furniture and they were working on the ground floor at the time. So i got a second floor room. My second day there, I was watching TV in my room and the phone rang. It was the manager, he asked if I was going to be coming down by the lobby anytime soon and they had finished the rooms downstairs and he wanted to see what I thought. I went down there about fifteen minutes later to fax some paperwork, and he showed me the new rooms which looked great. he then asked if I wanted to change rooms the following day to one of the new lower level rooms. I told him I would and I would be off work around 5:00 and i could move my stuff down then. He offered to bring my stuff down for me when I was at work so thats what he did. I got off work and one of the ladies walked out of the office as I was walking into the lobby, she handed me the key to my new room, and all of my stuff was in there. I cant say enough good things about this place. There are coffee makers, microwaves, and fridges in the rooms. They have breakfast every morning, comfortable beds, clean rooms, free wifi, good water pressure from the shower heads, and again, the amazing staff. The new furniture is great. I really like this place and if you're passing through Yreka, and need a place to stay, I HIGHLY recommend The Comfort Inn. It's the only place that I've stayed up here, but I work with many people who have collectively stayed at nearly all the other hotels in the area. Everyone I talk to is blown away when I tell them about the legendary service at the Comfort Inn, and from talking to people, I am convinced that as far as the hotels in Yreka go, The Comfort Inn is second to none.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jrod_M1
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We enjoyed this dog friendly hotel. Our room was right next to the back door leading out onto a walk are for our dog. We had not made reservations as we decided on the spur of the moment to stay the night. It was pricey, $94 for the room and $20 for our dog. Has a microwave, fridge and all the other ammenities needed. Clean room, breakfast standard "little more than continental." Really no complaints

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Judy J
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place is old and run down. Air conditioner is so loud you can't hear the tv. Bathroom is small and dingy. Really unfriendly staff in the morning. No coffee available at 9:45 a.m. Nothing like any Comfort Inn I've ever stayed at. Payed $94 for 2 people and 1 dog. Check in lady was nice and friendly. Lots of stairs and no elevator.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We paid $71 with tax for a clean and comfortable room with refrigerator and microwave. Wi-fi worked perfectly. Breakfast was not so great, served in a cramped area and with food needing to be restocked. It is difficult to find -- the key is to look for Taco Bell and go in through that driveway.

Room Tip: Go through the Taco Bell parking lot to access the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The lobby area was small but neat, the reception was friendly. The hotel is hard to find situated behind a gas station. The hotel is not up to comfort inn standards in my opinoion. I would classify it as a Econo Lodge. You can not enter the rooms thru the lobby you must use the side doors. No elevator so you have to carry your bags up the stairs. The room was clean but the furnishings were old. The bed was comfortable (a little soft compared to my likings) but adequate. I was concerned with security, as the door leading from the outside to the stairwell remained open during the night. Anyone could come into the room and get in the hallways. There was noise from the airconditioner, also a large dog was two doors down the hall and barked most of the night. A light from the gas station lit up the room thru the edges of the curtain.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the back of the hotel to prevent the light from the gas station coming thru the e...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple