“Nothing Super about this Super 8.”
Review of Super 8 Yreka

Super 8 Yreka
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I told my husband what I was going to title this review and he said it's the cheesiest thing he's ever heard. I dont care. I like it.

Now, on with the review.

The plus items about this hotel:
They have large flat screens, microwaves, refridgerators, and real comforters. The biggest plus about this hotel was that the in-room coffee makers are sneak a cup - you dont have to wait for the thing to finish brewing before you can get some coffee.

The negative items about this hotel:
The outside of the hotel is old and warn with paint peeling off. The beds are very hard.

Some other odd & negative things:
- There is a shower gel, shampoo and conditioner attachment in the shower - it's one of those where they prefill those items and you use as much as you want - it makes me wonder how long that stuff has been sitting in there.
- The staff is very rude. I've never been to a hotel (even arriving late at night) where they were so rude. We got there at 1:00 in the morning after about 6 hours of driving and you could tell we woke up the night girl, she didnt smile at all and looked like she just got out of bed. Then, in the morning around 6:45 I went down to get breakfast, it was a horrible breakfast with just cereal and rolls - the lady behind the counter again (different lady) didnt smile or say good morning back when I greeted her.

I wouldnt stay at this hotel again, for $76.00 on a Thursday night I am sure that you can find something better for less. Next time I might try the Motel 6 about three exits south. It would probably be the same quality and alot less money. Don't get me wrong it was horrible, but it wasnt worth the money either - especially for the crabby staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben-GM, Manager at Super 8 Yreka, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give feedback on your recent stay. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Ben-GM

Reviewed June 9, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

good clean motel with market and mexican restaurant across the road. Room was a good size, quiet. Decent value. Having the market and restaurant within walking distance was great. I ate in the place across the road, nice bar, quite good food. I was happy.
Not a bad stopover.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

7pm...long day on the road...Friday night prime season....couldn't find anything on the Internet with a decent price....Saw this Super 8 off the 5....My partner wasn't thrilled as in the past we haven't had the best experiences at super 8's.....This one our room was spotless...price was right for just stoping in....and one of the best sleeps I've had my whole vacation....Yes I will stay here again next year...
The only reason I don't rate this Motel Higher is the appearance outside....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great overnight stop. Nothing special about it but clean and affordable. TV is nothing but commercial channels but works fine, not the motel's fault. OK for news. The WiFi works smoothly as well. Grateful I turned in here.

Room Tip: Bet the pool is plenty noisy in the summer, Suggest you avoid adjacent rooms if possible. Walls ar...