“Grandma's Slipping”

Grandma's House
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Wife and I on a trip to Medford, Oregon decided to stop at a breakfast nook we had used twice before. Today seemed a bit different that previous times. I ordered two eggs over medium, Bacon, Country Potatoes, and Biscuit with a side of gravy. You can tell that this cafe is suffering under the cost of bringing supplies to a remote area in Nor California. The eggs were small, there were few potatoes (a small portion), 3 pieces of bacon (which is really standard), a biscuit and a small bowl of gravy. On the other side of the scale...even though small, the eggs were cooked precisely as ordered. The bacon strips were crisp not burnt. Even though a small portion of potatoes, they were baked and not fried (healthier). The bacon was tasty. The biscuit was of average size and very good. Now to the most disappointing part of the meal. The gravy was pasty...without taste....normal color, and a bit too thick. It seemed as though there was some kind of meat in it, but you could not tell from the taste. I'll stick to the Black Bear from this point forward.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

we wanted to support the local community while visiting family in Yreka and decided to try Grandma's House. The place is really cute inside and out. has a gift shop and interesting items for sale. food was good although a little to much for me. our waitress was very friendly and helpful when we couldn't decide what to order for desert. would eat here again.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We discovered Grandmas while searching for a tried and true fast food place, and it was so much better than that! An enthusiastic and charming waitress assured us that we could meet our time schedule, and our soup and tuna sandwiches were delicious! Real food...hurrah!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This used to be a dependably good restaurant but our last visit wasn't worth repeating. I had a hamburger. It was lukewarm. The bun was stale. It wasn't great at any level. My friend had hot pastrami, which also was barely warm, and tasteless. We won't be back.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

was on a hunt for chicken noodle soup as I was at a conference in yreka and I had a bad head cold. My friend and I started at the purple plumb, I was not impressed as soon as i walked in. It is very run down. Well they didn't have chicken noodle soup and I found out it was Clam Chowder Friday in this town..lol. So we went over to Grandma's House and was greeted by a very down to earth friendly waitress. I asked about chicken noodle soup. Nope but we have clam chowder :) ok. Well I looked for something on the menu that will still be warm and comforting. I went with the Turkey Au ju sandwhich. Then the waitress comes out and explains that the cook is warming some Chicken Noodle soup! Yes...thank you. It was good!! nothing works like chicken noodle soup when you are sick. The turkey was a little dry on the sandwich so I was glad for the au ju. over all the staff was really nice. the gift shop was adorable as well as how every clock and item on the wall for sale also. I thought that was cool! Reading the history of Grama in her recipe book was interesting.