“Old motel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
texas
“Old motel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were not pleased with our stay. We were on vacation for a week staying at different motels and we have to be fair and say this was our worse stay. The man who checked us in was friendly but we could see breakfast would not be at the motel. Had NO place to sit to eat breakfast. Looked like Cereal was the choice to eat. Old motel. Room was clean though. Would not plan on staying here again. Would pay the extra money to upgrade to a different motel. If money is a factor. I guess this is an ok place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed at this motel after booking on line same day due to other preferred chains being unavailable.
From previous experience did not expect much in the way of luxury. Found check in to be efficient, room clean and everything except the pair of bedside lamps affixed to wall was functioning.
It was quiet and we got a fairly good night’s sleep. Bathroom was actually very functional with heater lamps and fan that worked. Dedicated walk in shower without bath is my preference and I liked it except the water temperature was at best tepid. Still freshened us up and we made our way to the reception for breakfast. There is no dining area but just a select your items and take back to room and consume. Two types of cereals (Cherios and Corn Flakes), orange juice (any resemblance to real juice was coincidental), toast, butter , jam and coffee. There was rationed Danish pastry and we manage to obtain 2 to go for our mornos at Maccas.
It was about $64 incl taxes for the room with 2 double beds. Overall it was better than I expected and quite ok. I noted as we drove out that the gardeners were working on the garden area which I saw as a positive. Told owner about lights and he said they were unplugged?
I would say it did not put me off using budget hotels as a fallback in future when LaQuinta is unavailable in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Rafael
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Econo-Lodge in Yreka. It was conveniently located near town- and right off the highway. The room was clean, price was right, and the bed was comfortable. The location was not too noisy-so we were able to get a great nights sleep, and were all rested up for the next day on the road. Wuld stay here again!

And- check out the bar across the street! Dive bar- with great people and prices!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Clean, quiet, very adequate accommocations. Very friendly and helpful staff. Even loaned me a cell phone when my did not work. Good parking facilities and good location--in the middle of everything. We will gladly stay there again. Bob & Helen

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great place to stay while traveling between WA & CA. Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean & quiet. Rates were reasonable. We had a bad experience in Auburn, WA so I asked if I could see the room and they had no problem with that. I will definetly stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ocean Shores, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stay here when traveling between CA and WA - staff always friendly and room is adequate. Nothing fancy, property is older but for a one night stay where all I need is a good nights sleep and a shower, the price is right.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Manager went the extra mile to accommodate my family ( including my little dog ),Extremely nice guy,give us a wonderful room ( with tv,refrigerator,ac,all amenities..)..we drove 13 hours non stop and check in this place ( after all of the other places told us that check in was at 3 pm)at 6 am.,he even guide us to a designated park
ing spot..
I'm very very thankful to the manager for his human touch,going the extra mile so we could get some rest .
Bdw my daughter enjoyed the pool very much!!
If you are looking for a clean,quite and friendly place look no further.

• Stayed August 2012