“good value”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Rapid City, South Dakota
“good value”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This motor motel reminded me of one exactly the same with the shower style we stayed in a couple of years ago. The bathroom/shower were extremely clean; the bed could have a quarter bounced off the coverings; the carpet needs work - wear shoes! as it is grubby; the walls are clean and bright. We arrived after dark and had read a couple of reviews prior so found this motel right away driving into town. WiFi - not great.

Room Tip: Since there is an inner courtyard, vehicles are pretty secure.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michele K
Bhadra_10, General Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
We are sorry you had some problems, we will definitely work on this. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Mountain View Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Many of us travel through Yreka and just need to stop long enough to sleep and shower. I don't want to pay a lot of money for that. This hotel was perfect for that purpose. Now keep in mind, this place has no frills whatsoever! If you're into that, go elsewhere. If you just want a clean place to sleep and shower, than I'd recommend this. The service was nice, the room was clean, the bed was comfy enough, and everything worked.

It is dated, has no frills, pillows a bit hard for our taste, but for the price, we were thrilled. I don't want to pay $50 more a night for a fitness room I won't be using or nice lobby I'll walk through twice. For the price, this was great!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pedalawayWA
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Feel free to come back anytime!

Fresno, California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I drove from Fresno, CA. to Susanville, then from Susanville to Yreka in one day, for job interviews. (A total of eight hours drive) The room I got was nice and clean. Though I only needed the room for the night and had to leave early in the morning, the room had everything I needed and the owners were friendly and helpful. I found out on the car ride I needed a paper faxed to me, and the owners were very helpful and courteous about it. I may not find myself in Yreka anytime soon, but I would definitely choose Mountain View Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Cameron C
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to come back anytime!

Crane, Oregon
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I chose this motel based on TripAdvisor's reviews. I'm not sure what the folks who gave this place a positive review were smokin', but it was by no means a 4 out of 5!! It was cheap! I'll give it that. But there were holes in doors and walls (thankfully, they were somewhat patched), the faucet in the bathroom was loose and seemed like it would fall off any minute. Had to leave the hot water running a LONG TIME before it finally arrived in the faucet. The coffee maker was filthy.

The smell (a cross between cleaning chemicals and East Indian incense) was overwhelming. The carpet looked like it had only been "spot cleaned" for the past 10 years and needed either replacing or a GOOD, solid, complete steam cleaning. The upholstery on the chairs was worn and very dirty.

The bed was ok, but the sheets looked like they hadn't been bleached in years. Won't be going back there!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CountryGirl579
We are sorry you had a bad experience. We were going through some new renovations. We won't affect your stay next time.

Mountain View Inn

Travelers are raving about these Yreka hotels

California
Reviewed November 11, 2013

When booking and rating this motel remember that it is a $50 per night (tax included). So the low cost must be taken into account in the review.

Our room was dated, clean, quite, had a comfortable bed, large enough with a refrigerator and microwave, well warmed by the through-the-wall mounted HVAC, which was a bit noisy but in a pleasant, background droning way. The room had two old but clean sinks, one outside of the bathroom, which is really convenient. We arrived without a reservation. Mrs. owner/operater came to the front desk promptly when we rang the bell at the office and smiled throughout the payment transaction. She smiled while giving me restaurant reservations. She was pleasant and there was no bad "energy," whatever that means. The internet signal, which I am using at this moment, is strong.

And personally, I do not have a problem with management controlling visitors. I do not consider this rude. I consider doing so a necessity in order to preserve a restful environment. The only thing that we wish we had brought was our own pillows. The pillows provided feel like covered foam squares too firm for our personal preference.

Room Tip: If you require a soft, fluffy down pillow, bring your own.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TonyTraveler2010
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Got a room with my Bf before we head out to camp at marble mountains. We were in good spirits and super cozy. My Bfs friend from a long time lives close and she dropped by to say hi. The second she showed up we got a phone a call saying we can not have visitors. So I asked the receptionist what we have to do to make it happen that our friend can visit with us and she said move to a room with a double bed. I proceeded to oblige and I asked her if we can pay extra and stay in our room since how she was just visiting, she said no and said just get your stuff, I'll give you your money back or I will call the police.... Yeah the police.
This lady was extremely paranoid, rude and distrusting. Don't go here and waste of your time and energy. There is a place down the way that accepted us with open arms and a smiling face at EconoLodge for the same price.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kharismaragon7
Berry Creek, California
Reviewed August 16, 2013

They returned a gold and diamond earring we had left in the room...My husband and I were looking for a sleep over on the road off the I-5 and didn't want to spend $100. So I read reviews on Motels/Hotels in Yreka and found this little Gem. We gave it a shot and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean the mattress is good and bathrooms are very clean. They have microwave,fridge and free internet. The couple who run the Inn are lovely and the cleaning staff is honest. Hard to find these days and much appreciated. Great Value, will be back.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms and they are all the same. You Park in front of your room which is very n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business