“Disappointed!”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Ariel, Washington
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We decided to stay here based on what we read on TripAdvisor. However, imagine our disappointment when we opened the door to our room and wondered what in the world were these people thinking when they wrote that this was a nice place to stay!!! The beds were horrible, the pillows non-existent, the towels were in worse condition than my rag towels, the plumbing was so noisy! It is quite old, as well as the heating unit. It was freezing and took quite some time to warm up. We didn't get any restful sleep. The plumbing woke us up a few times from next door.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dnalnn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Madras, OR
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We will definitely stay here again when in Yreka. Our non-smoking room was clean & quiet with good hot water and pressure. The owners are very courteous and the property spotless and well maintained. A few restaurants and a grocery store are walking distance.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank momiles
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I was looking forward to staying here after reading the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor. However, I was very disappointed. I drove right by the place and had to turn around, the signage was poor. When I walked into the office, I was greeted by the strong odor of Indian food cooking. I was travelling with 3 dogs, and they charge an extra $5 per night per pet. The room was very small, with one queen bed, and it was FREEZING- it was about 40 degrees outside and the same temperature inside. It took about an hour for the heater to heat up the room, I went to the grocery across the way in the meantime. The room was clean, but small and depressing with dark panelled walls, one picture graced the wall -a poster from India. There was a shower stall only, poorly lit, not good if you are claustrophobic, however the water pressure was excellent, but the water didn't drain so I was standing in about 2 -3 inches of water. The toilet was so low to the ground, as if it were made for a child, and I am 5'3"---I felt like I was going to be sitting on the floor. There was a refridgerator and a microwave. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: There were other motels down the street- may have been a better choice.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Lucy M

Travelers are raving about these Yreka hotels

Sacramento
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This sweet little motel will be added to my short list of I-5 nuggets. The owners take a lot of pride in the property and maintain it with love and affection. My midweek rate for one, with tax, was $44! same as the Motel 6 but this place has character and comfort - not cookie cutter austerity.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Well, not much to say, it is what it is. Old motel, clean, nice owners right on the road but super quiet. Great value for a good nights sleep. Two rooms for $88 can't beat that, especially when we are now in Napa at the Best Western Premier Ivy at a cost of considerably more, beautiful rooms nice hotel but the noise level is something.
So stay at this motel was a much better experience and a more restful sleep.
I would definately recomend this little motel to anyone needing a good nights rest. You may want to ask for a second blanket, towels and the blanket leave alittle to be desired.

• Stayed October 2011
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed October 10, 2011

After reading the reviews of local accommodations, I checked locations on the map. Though I had a rental car, I prefer a good restaurant within walking distance. Because of the surprise factor that often accompanies privately owned establishments, chain hotels have been my choice. Based on posted reviews of other choices, I choice this one for the reports of dependable wifi, cleanliness, and courtesy - I confirm these reports! Even so, I always inspect a room before officially signing in and have met with resistance from staff when I insist on checking mattress and furniture for wildlife. At the Mountain View Inn, my request was met with courtesy and no offense. As previous reviewers noted, the room is dated and the sheets are due for replacement. The $48.95 charge for a room with a kingsize bed, microwave, coffee machine w coffee and sugar, bar fridge, extra towels as requested, shower with plenty of hot water - read everything operational including WIFI! was an excellent value. Staff members were courteous and unobtrusive. Traffic noise was noted but muted as the motel is a courtyard design. The room was an end unit and the room on the one side was not occupied - I stayed for 3 quiet and restful days.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stayed here one night on my way up to Oregon. I made a reservation on Priceline a few hours before I checked in, and, even though the Inn didn't receive the reservation request from priceline, she honored the priceline price of $42 (for the queen sized bed).

The hotel is old, but it was comfortable. The sheets were a little thin, and the shower could use a little bleach, but I felt safe. The room was clean and the AC was cool. It's not right off the highway, so it was pretty quite too. It was a good value, and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo