“Good lunch at good price”

Ming's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 47 Restaurants in Yreka
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

We were in town for the day and needed to get lunch. We found Ming’s listed in the internet and gave it a try. It was a good place.

We came at lunch time and although it was fairly busy, it was nice to get our food quickly by having the buffet lunch. There was a fair variety on the buffet including fried rice, egg foo young, noodles, prawns, kung pow chicken, egg rolls, and more.

There is also a full menu but due to time constraints we only had the buffet.

While the service wasn’t super friendly, the man was attentive and quickly brought drinks. Used plates were cleared quickly so we could go back through the buffet for more.

Over all I would come here again for good fast Chinese food.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

Stale food. Dirty, needs a remodel, not very friendly, cold, ... all you can eat buffet is a greasy joke not going back ...

Reviewed December 28, 2017

The interior decor of the restaurant is quite interesting, though I've seen similar decor in Chinese restaurants in different parts of the country. It is located in W Miner Street, which retains a very old town feel.
The food itself is average. I just had Curry Chicken which came with a portion of rice. I'll compliment on the quantity of entree, the portion was indeed huge. While it did seem to have all the right ingredients, there was that 'zing' missing in the taste. I also saw the buffet table laid out although I didn't have it as I arrived when they were closing up the buffet.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I chose the restaurant by the exterior...it looks like it has been there for ages...kitschy...red, black and gold pagoda style. The inside decor did not disappoint either...throwback to the 40's. The food though was nothing to write home about. Basis Chinese, a little on the greasy side. The service was excellent and very friendly. No attempt to turn our table, we sat for an hour over our meal and tea. The best thing we had was the pork fried rice, the lo mein, egg rolls, and beef broccoli very average. I wished the food had matched the ambiance. Give it a try...it may have been an off night.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Had buffet, egg rolls were very greasy, lo mien was overcooked, not much of selection, if I go back I'll order off menu, 14.00, kinda spendy, I've had much better elsewhere