“No good”

Ming's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 48 Restaurants in Yreka
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Stale food. Dirty, needs a remodel, not very friendly, cold, ... all you can eat buffet is a greasy joke not going back ...

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed December 28, 2017

The interior decor of the restaurant is quite interesting, though I've seen similar decor in Chinese restaurants in different parts of the country. It is located in W Miner Street, which retains a very old town feel.
The food itself is average. I just had Curry Chicken which came with a portion of rice. I'll compliment on the quantity of entree, the portion was indeed huge. While it did seem to have all the right ingredients, there was that 'zing' missing in the taste. I also saw the buffet table laid out although I didn't have it as I arrived when they were closing up the buffet.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I chose the restaurant by the exterior...it looks like it has been there for ages...kitschy...red, black and gold pagoda style. The inside decor did not disappoint either...throwback to the 40's. The food though was nothing to write home about. Basis Chinese, a little on the greasy side. The service was excellent and very friendly. No attempt to turn our table, we sat for an hour over our meal and tea. The best thing we had was the pork fried rice, the lo mein, egg rolls, and beef broccoli very average. I wished the food had matched the ambiance. Give it a try...it may have been an off night.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Had buffet, egg rolls were very greasy, lo mien was overcooked, not much of selection, if I go back I'll order off menu, 14.00, kinda spendy, I've had much better elsewhere

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2016

My husband and I were traveling through Northern California and stopped at Mings for dinner. We were greeted by the owner and asked if we wanted to try the buffet so we decided to give it a shot. We were happily surprised! There was a variety of hot, freshly-prepared dishes with an assortment of our favorites including garlic shrimp with green beans, kung pao chicken, broccoli beef and more. Several soups were offered along with an array of egg rolls, Asian chicken wings, sweet/sour and more. We avoided the deep fried items and gorged on the flavorful vegetable/meat dishes. The quality of the food was a surprise as we had pre-judged the restaurant by it's dated appearance (the only reason I gave it a "4" instead of a 5) but please don't let that stop you from eating here. Mings is located in the "historical district" of Yreka. The buffet dinner option is only offered on certain days and cost about $12.00. Well worth the stop!

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Ming's Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!