“Below Average Dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Grapeview, Washington
“Below Average Dinner”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at other Black Bear Diners and enjoyed them so I was looking forward to dinner after a long day of driving. This one was definitely a below average experience. It was very busy and the service had a hectic feel to it. The food itself wasn't very flavorful. Was disappointing after looking forward to a good meal all day. Won't plan on stopping here again.

Monroe, Oregon
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten. At this diner many times and this time it was a bit disappointing. The chicken taco salad was decent. The veggie flatbread sandwich was drenched in a dressing that made the burger hard to taste. The service was decent but there have been more personable staff on hand. If this was my only experience the. I wouldn't return. Overall the food has been hearty and good... And the staff persona le.

Visited June 2014
Aberdeen, Washington
“Not up to the typical Black Bear Diner”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stopped for lunch while traveling north on I-5, Yreka. We have eaten at other Black Bear Diners and always been satisfied. This one was a disappointment. It was early afternoon but I still wanted an omelet. The hash browns were more like dried sawdust that had been overcooked for several hours. If you advertise breakfast all day, at least make it edible which this wasn't. The butter on the toast even tasted stale. My wife had a "half sandwich" with soup of the day and a side of fries. The soup was a broccoli/cheese that at first was delicious and then became overbearing. The half sandwich was a whole sandwich and the fries completely covered the sandwich plate. The portions were huge but the food wasn't good. If you don't care what you eat then there was plenty to eat. This was our second and now last time for us at this Black Bear.

• Visited May 2014
Westville, New Jersey
“may 13”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The chicken club with Bacon and avocado was delicious,
lemonade was not too sweet &
potato salad was just like my mom made!
I wished I had room for the BlackBerry Cobbler - next time I will save room!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank M A
Seattle, Washington
“So much food!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Bring your appetite for sure! We ate here since it was close by to the Motel 6. OMGosh so much food...when you order either make sure you are super hungry or that you split it with another person.

The staff seemed friendly and helpful.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!