All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls indoor pool freeway side would stay here again los angeles the breakfast area internet connection traveling north room was clean southern california road trip yogurt scrambled eggs good nights sleep staff was friendly free breakfast
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed here twice -- once on our way from the SF Bay Area to Portland, and then again on our way back. We were very satisfierd with the large, clean, quiet and comfortable room. Staff were friendly and attentive. The breakfast was the usual motel breakfast, and they did have fresh fruit -- bananas. We disliked having TV in the breakfast room, but everyplace seems to do that, though we rarely see anyone wtching.

Two good places for dinner in Yreka are Capp's Speakeasy and Ming's Chinese Restaurant.

Both our GPS and Streets and Trips gave us the same incorrect directions, so call the motel or look at their web site for directions.

Date of stay: August 2010
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I was driving alone from Seattle, WA to the San Francisco Bay area, and decided to stop here because it was late and I couldn't drive any longer without resting. They gave me a cheaper rate because it was after midnight, and they only had suites left. Needless to say, the room was much bigger than my needs dictated. The beds were very comfortable, the shower was nice; however the continental breakfast was extremely unappetizing. Seriously, HI Express, would it kill you to offer some fresh fruit with your continental breakfasts? However, the breakfast is my only complaint. I left early the next morning, rested, off to enjoy the northern California scenery as I finished my drive to the bay area.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed one night here. Had a delightful reservation/front desk clerk, Cassandra, who tried her best to make us welcome and get us a quiet room.
The room was adequate: nicely furnished, clean enough, quiet enough. It was a bit smaller than some other Holiday Inn Express rooms we've experienced, but it was adequate.
It's just that some things were just slightly "off". For example, two of the 3-light vanity fixture's shades were slightly tilted. The granite slabs that comprised the shower/tub surround were slightly misaligned. Just little things like that really don't make any difference to the stay, really, but do show a certain lack of attention to detail when the place was refurbished.
The complimentary breakfast in the morning was adequate, as well.
On the bright side, in my opinion, this property probably offers more to the traveler than most in Yreka, and isn't priced all that much higher than average.
Would stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2010
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Our extended family (20 of us) stayed here on our way to Lake Shasta, and it was a great place. The rooms are clean and new and very spacious. The hotel is nicely decorated and very well taken care of. The front desk was easy to work with, recommending restaurants and seeing to our every need.

The pool is a little small and there is no hot tub, but if you're just working your way down the highway, those things don't matter so much.

The best part for our group was the fantastic breakfast! Something very everyone, including cheese omelets, cereal, fruit, bread products, hard boiled eggs, etc. The breakfast room is very nice, too.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed one night in this very clean, pleasant hotel. Our room, though facing the freeway from a hilltop, had a beautiful view and we heard almost no traffic noise. The staff was courteous and helpful. We travel to Oregon routinely, and this will be our choice for an overnight stay on the way. Breakfast was abundant and our room had a refrigerator and a microwave, which were useful.

Date of stay: June 2010