“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Davis, California
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

While on our way back to Northern California from Oregon, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Yreka. I had bid on this hotel on A discount site and got a great rate.

We arrived at roughly 10:30 pm and were promptly greeted by the night clerk. She was cheerful and helpful. She quickly checked us in, but could not give us a room facing away from the freeway unfortunately.

The room was clean as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. We watched a bit t.v. And faded off to sleep. In the morning we enjoyed a very nice breakfast, which included eggs, sausage, pancakes and more. Very good for a complementary breakfast.

We checked out the pool, which was enclosed, but opted to hit the road instead of play.

We really enjoyed this hotel. The only negative would be the road/freeway noise.

I would stay here again.

Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ivanhoe, California
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed there the night of June 14th. We chose this hotel because we always have a very positive experience at Holiday Inn Express and had had a great experience at the one in Medford, Oregon on June 5th. Everything was fine until breakfast. They had not ordered their famous cinnamon rolls so they managed to start off the morning at 7 a.m. with three rolls! The pancake machine was "out of order" and they only make their cheese omelets every other day. The hotel appeared to be filled and there were many disappointed patrons in the breakfast room. Hopefully in the future the responsible person for ordering will do a better job.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor at the back as the front rooms face I-5.
1 Thank maesraeb2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear maesraeb2,

Thank you for you loyalty in choosing the Holiday Inn Express brand and for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate that your experience during breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. I will certainly discuss your comments with our managers and will take action to rectify this. I do hope that we can welcome you back and restore your faith in our beautiful hotel.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is my third stay at this hotel and all three times have been great! The font desk staff (Heidi) was very nice and helped me out with some wifi issues. The breakfast is great, the rooms are clean and it is cheap. I will stay here every time I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Brenden E
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here on our way home. I must say it was very clean and the desk clerk was super helpful. She told us about a great place to eat, it was a Mexican restaurant down the road. Even though it was Mother's Day weekend we got in with no problem and the food was fabulous. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: They had breakfast which was very good! It had polenta of food I could actually eat. Meaning it wa...
1 Thank tessOregon
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and services. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast selection.
We will pass on your great comments to Casa Ramos and hope to see you next time you travel through Yreka

Manager
Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area.
Pismo Beach
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We booked a room as an overnight stay on our way to WA.
The clerk (Heidi) was not only friendly and courteous, but she went out of her way to make a fresh pot of coffee when we arrived, post-9 PM, and asked about the coffee bar.
The hotel is relatively new, and kept in tip-top condition. The room and public areas are very clean, neat and comfortable.
We were assigned to the front side of the hotel, which has a nice view of the mountains--lovely!
The pool is indoors, which makes for great access during cooler temps. The exercise room is next door to the pool, so guests have at least two choices on how to exercise if they have the urge to break sweat. :-)
The room has nice, upscale decor, and sport comfy bed (we had a king size bed), pillows (soft or firm) and lounge chair, in addition to the usual desk/chair.
I love the bath amenities, as well as the refrig and MW oven available in each room.
The FREE breakfast had a vast array of choices, from ready-to-make pancakes, to yogurt, cereal, fruits and breads, but also cinnamon rolls and muffins, scrambled eggs, turkey or pork sausage patties. The fact that they also provided gluten-free muffins impressed me, because it shows that they are going the extra mile to please gluten-intolerant guests--kudos to the MGR for this thoughtfulness!
The hotel is easily accessible to I-5, which makes it very convenient to exit and enter the freeway.

Dear Guest

I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review about our hotel. Our team members like Heidi are very friendly and do their best to make our guest feel welcome. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable.

We wish you best of Summer Travel and hope to see you soon.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Yreka Shasta Area
miami/nyc
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were in town for a job interview, house hunting and to see the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. I was leery of staying in Yreka, thinking it would be hard to find somewhere comfortable. I am usually not a Holiday Inn customer, but thought we'd give them a try from the ratings on this board. We were not disappointed!

The Yreka-Shasta Holiday Inn Express is brand new and VERY spacious. The front desk attendant ,Heidi, was so welcoming and solicitous about helping us with anything we needed.

We drove in late one night after a day of sightseeing near Mt. Shasta and a play. We missed dinner. There was nothing really open in the surrounding area. Because, I was allergic to some of their vending machine items, Kathy—the night manager— greeted us warmly and offered a snack from their breakfast kitchen. The gesture was incredibly kind and made me feel right at home.

Clean, spacious, welcoming. A pleasant surprise in Yreka. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind words about Heidi and Kathy. Our team members are true champions of making the Great Hotels Guest Love come to life. We are glad you were able to enjoy our wonderful Siskiyou County Natural Beauty and charm during your visit.

We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Thank you.
Manager
Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Driving to Oregon I got about as far as Yreka before I and my truck ran out of gas. Arriving the desk clerk found me a room and provided me with a AAA discount. The room was clean and spacious. The tv was not working. It turns out it got unplugged by the maid cleaning the room. It was quickly fixed and worked perfectly. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

The next morning breakfast was fair. The dining room was clean and well stocked. You can even have pancakes over the standard waffle fair.

The next time I am traveling along I-5 I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

I am so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We are looking forward to serving your hotel needs next time you travel through our town.

Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area