“Property is newer but service is poor.”

Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Yreka
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I entered the lobby and the desk clerk greeted me with a look of indiference and stated, "we have 2 rooms left and they are very expensive." He was 100% correct about that.
No "what can I do for you? Do you have a reservation?" Nothing! I told him I had a reservation and he took care of the booking with the enthusiasim of getting a root canal. I am a Platinmum Priority Club member and I had to ask if they had any bottled water. His response, "sure, if you want it."

I went to my room and found it to be spacious and clean. What I did not expect was to be hit in the face with a blasting wall heater set at nearly 80 degrees. The tempurature was in the low 90's outside and I did not expect the room to be nearly as hot. I called the front desk and was met with indifference.

Breakfast. The breakfast at Holiday Inn Express has a certain sameness all across the country. Here it was different. It was one of the poorest attempts at breakfast I have ever found in a H-I Express. The biscuits were near perfect. The gravy had the consistancy of water, the scrambled eggs weren't fully cooked and there was no meat entree. Pretty well sums it up.

Would I stay here again? Only if I was dead tired, the price was more reasonable and Medford and Ashland were booked.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank affalken
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear affalken,

First of all, thank you very much for being a Priority Club Member and for your recent stay with us. I truly appreciate you compliments on our clean and spacious room. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. I'm sincerely sorry for the wall heater you encountered and the quality of breakfast as well as hotel staff service you received during your stay. I have taken note of these issues and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed July 27, 2012

A fairly new hotel away from the city centre with the main highways running close by. The rooms are clean and comfortable. My only complaint is I needed directions and I asked three staffers. They were all very nice but no one knew anything about the area. The poor young lady at the front desk was like a deer in my headlights when I talked to her. The breakfast was decent and they provided internet access and a computer. Our one night stay was reasonably priced - we booked through Hotwire. To be quite truthful; it is really just another hotel in a long, long line of accomodations on Interstate 5. Nothing stands out yet nothing detracts.

1  Thank KenJCanada
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Guest

We appreciate your time for reviewing our hotel staff and services. We will use your comments to improve our employee orientation process and knowledge base to best suit our guest needs. We hope to serve your hospitality needs during your next visit to our area.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a nice, fairly new Hoiliday Inn Express hotel. It is fairly expensive for Yreka but we stay there because we like the beds, pillows, showerhead and like smoke-free hotels. It is located at the north end of town & feels a little remote but there is a good Mexican restaurant nearby on the other side of the freeway. Our room was very large with a very small closet, a microwave, fridge with no freezer and a table with 2 chairs. There was plenty of light. Wi-fi was ok. We didn't use the computer in the lobby. Their were no hooks in the bathroom and the ventilation wasn't great.

Dear Guest

We appreciate your time to write this review for our hotel. My staff and I really appreciate your kind words. We have shared your comments with our staff members to improve our service and facility. We appreciate your contribution to our small town's economy and We hope to serve your hospitality needs during your next visit to Yreka.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Last night of our 2012 Road Trip was spent in the Holiday Inn Express in Yreka, CA. We had wanted to stay in Ashland, OR, but they were sold out of hotel rooms. We didn't know the Shakespeare Festival was going on at the time, so had to continue South until we hit Yreka to get a room. The Holiday Inn appears to be a relatively new hotel and was very nice. The beds were comfortable, the rooms clean and nicely furnished. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating, considering we didn't have reservations and they were busy and almost fully booked. They offered breakfast, but we missed that one as well.

Dear Guest

We appreciate your kind words and comments about your stay in Yreka. We will share your experience at our property with our staff and use it to improve our customer service to meet our guest needs. I personally thank you for the travel through our town and for contribution to our small town economy. We hope to serve your lodging needs next time you are in the area.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here one night on a trip between Southern CA and WA state. This is a new hotel with lovely comfortable beds, fluffy new towels, and pleasant front desk staff. It is the nicest lodging BY FAR in the town of Yreka. My only concern is that we noticed you could easily hear people in the next room. My thought was... "a new hotel, it should be well insulated between rooms...." but that was not apparently the case. I could hear the man in the room next to ours, coughing and clearing his throat during the night! Other than that, I do recommend this hotel.
This hotel is rather expensive, however we got a great deal on Priceline.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from other people if possible - for the quietest atmosphere.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
PrPERSON15, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear
We appreciate your time and kind comments to review our Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area. I am delighted that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and suitable for your travel needs. We look forward to serving your hotel needs next time you are in the area. Our small town staff is glad to provide the Great hotels Guest Love.

Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We walked into this place at 10:30PM without a reservation and were greeted by a very friendly lady who promptly checked us into a spotless room.
We latter realized that she had upgraded us to a bigger room and gave us a discount.Talk about good customer service.
Yes, this place is NOT cheap but if you're looking for a brand new hotel with super clean rooms, free wifi and a nice breakfast (included) look no further!
Kudos to the friendly management of this property for the great customer service!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear

Holiday Inn Express Yreka Shasta Area

Reviewed June 8, 2012

First, it was in an extemely strange location. We had to drive around a private mobile home park to get to it. Our room was 3 floors up. We are Priority Club Members and we usually get a 'welcome package' with bottled water and a snack. What did we get here? one bottle of water between 2 of us and two very small jars of hair gel for the 'buzz' look. Hello?
The room was a good size. The King bed/pillows comfortable. The TV did not work till we realised it was actually unplugged, same with the bedside lamps. The outlets were difficult to reach. Who would do this?
The lamps were those new curly ones which we hate. Oh go on, save a buck. We have stopped returning to hotels using those things.They are either too dim or so bright white, one could feel like we are being interrogated. No ambience whatsoever.
The breakfast was OK. The parking was free.
Nothing special.

Room Tip: They seem all the same to me.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear AyJayEdmondsWA,

Thank you for being a valued Priority Club Member and leaving us a review. I am glad you found our breakfast satisfactory. I apologize for the room issues you experienced. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as this enables us to address problem areas and improve our hotel services.

Pam G.