“Amazing reds, great prices & boutique experience”
Review of Cosentino Winery

Cosentino Winery
Ranked #13 of 44 things to do in Yountville
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Visited Cosentino winery in February and had such a great experience, I've bought several cases of wine, joined the wine club and visited again in March. The wine selection is great, the prices are reasonable and the experience is personalized and relaxing, not commercial/pushy. Erin was walked us through our tasting room experience--she was knowledgeable and friendly. I've since brought several friends to visit and try Cosentino's wines. The experience has been consistent--a MUST when visiting wine country! Can't go wrong with any of the Cosentino reds... the CigarZin, THE ZIN, Cab Franc Reserve, Mt. Veeder Merlot, Field Blend are the best! Even the Baciagalupi Chardonnay is a buttery treat!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I ABSOLUTELY loved this winery! All of the servers were extremely knowledgeable about the wine. This was our first trip to Napa Valley and this winery was our last before going back to our B&B. It was the best experience and the wine was amazing. We learned so much about the different wines and how they were made. An excellent find and a must see.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've visited Cosentino several times in the past when I've been in Napa. I joined their wine club in early 2013 and continue to enjoy their wines through purchases several times during the year. I'm partial to big reds, such as their CigarZin, and various Cabs, but their whites are equally good. My wife and I were in Napa and visited Cosentino twice this week and took advantage of the Poet's Loft Tasting and two days later the Grand Cru Reserve Barrel Tasting. They were able to accommodate us on very short notice. Both tastings were a lot of fun and educational. On top of that they are free for club members! At the Poet's Loft Tasting Ryan led the two of us through a tasting of several very nice wines. He was entertaining and knowledgeable and we had a great time while learning a lot. Today we joined Erin for the Grand Cru Barrel Tasting. The entire experience was great. It was just the two of us and Erin and we had a lot of fun. We enjoyed the very limited edition wines drawn directly from the barrels, the food pairings, and Erin's company. She did a great job introducing us to some special wines, their special characteristics, and how they are produced. We enjoyed both of these unique tastings, and highly recommend Cosentino! Everyone I've met there has been great and made me feel very welcome.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We've enjoyed barrel tastings and a winemaker's dinner over the past 2 years during our visits to Yountville. Erin went above and beyond for our last visit - as the snow caused a last minute change to our plans on Valentine's Day weekend. Of course… the wines are quite good as well.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been to over 100 wineries. Probably 50 in napa/Sonoma. These people that own this one treat you like trash. I told them
I wanted to re-Taste 3 wines because I wanted to buy a case and they asked the 3 girls i was with "which one of these were the Merlot" she took that one which was half drank and the told me "here's the merlot I'll pour the other 2 but you have 4 min. To drink them". I then asked "before I spend my $600 on 3 wines one of which "might be your merlot" are you going to kick the rest of the 20 people at the bar out in 4 min. I left the bar disgusted at how I was treated and then called back about 20 min later to cancel my wife's 2 bottle order from earlier. An was told only a manager can cancel an order. I will be calling back in the morning to cancel the order. Hopefully I won't get the run around. Bottom line, there are about 50 better wineries in napa/Sonoma so spend your hard earned money at those places.