“Our top Napa dining experience”
Review of Redd

Redd
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a great 4 day trip to Napa and stayed in Yountville. Among several great meals, Redd stood out as our best dining experience. The restaurant has great energy, the wait staff is friendly and courteous, the service was good and of course the food was creative and outstanding. The food presentations were beautiful and each dish had a number of interesting components. We often order tuna tartare but Redd's version was spectacular. For dinner we had the scallops and the pork, both outstanding and of course we saved a little room for dessert. The only thing that is a little weird is that they don't put bread on the table (evidently its available when you ask) and unlike other high end restaurants in Napa they don't offer a little amuse. Plenty of food though and thankfully we enjoyed our short walk back to our hotel. We'll be back to Redd!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We did the $80 tasting menu, which was well worth it. I was SO FULL by the end! 5 courses plus dessert was plenty of food. I had hamachi to start, followed by seared scallops on a cauliflower-currant-caper combo (odd), then a PERFECT piece of chicken (crispy skin, moist inside), then lamb (had I not had Mustard's Grill lamb, I would've liked Redd's more, but Mustard's won). Dessert was undeniably delicious. A peanut butter layer in between choc cake and choc mousse. Along with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. My friend's tasting was different, which was fun..because we got to try so many different dishes! She had the tuna tartare with crisped rice (delicious), pork belly (perfect), filet (yum), and...can't remember the other thing! Her dessert was a panicotta, with strawberry topping and fresh strawberry sorbet. This meal was top notch.

The setting was a little on the pretentious side. Minimalist dining room, formal setting and service (very nice wait staff). We did feel underdressed, which I rarely have felt in california, so put on your Sunday best! Lots of diamonds and Louis Vuitton flashing around. ;)

1  Thank Erinrsanta
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We walked in without reservation, immediately got seated. Very nice lunch menu. Delicious cold sweetcorn soup, creative salads and small plates to choose from. Will be back to check out dinner,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place is uninviting with boring vanilla walls and zero ambiance. The food was average. Service was less than stellar. Our waiter took our order; and we "requested" bread, per the menu; but never received. Our food was delivered by the prep staff and our waiter finally stopped by at the end of our meal to see if we wanted dessert. Our first drink was finished before our first course and we were never offered another drink because we never saw our waiter, again. When the check was delivered, it had a service/opinion card, which we filled out and left our name and phone number.... and we were disappointed that we never received a call. Could we have addressed it with a manager that evening, yes, but, to me, that is tacky, as most people will do that in an attempt to get something for free. We just wanted good ambiance, food and service on our vacation, where money was not a concern.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Ate here last night with my husband on a short weekend trip to Napa. This was an outstanding meal, with outstanding service and ambiance. I have a hard time giving out five stars (hated "Bottega" where we ate earlier tonight), but Redd was truly wonderful in all aspects. We ate outside. It was lovely, tables spaced so you felt like you were not dining with everyone else there. Waiter was excellent. I cannot remember his name, and that is because he was unobtrusive yet efficient and was not trying to be our new best friend. Reservation honored on time on a Friday night and we were never rushed. We started with the duck confit salad and the tuna tartare. Both excellent. Salad was delicious with lots of duck and a very light hand on the salad dressing. Very fresh and crisp. Tuna tartare was very fresh and flavorful, with great herbs and a crispy rice that really made the texture of the dish interesting. I had the pork belly for dinner (OMG -- outstanding!) while my husband had the scallops, which were tremendous. There was not too much food, and it was light, fresh and delicious! Dessert was a three cheese selection with some rye bread. Outstanding! The combination of great food, great service and incredible ambiance is hard to achieve but they seem to do it here at Redd. We would definitely come back!