“I wish I could give 6 stars”
Review of Etoile - CLOSED

Etoile
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: étoile is one of Napa Valley’s most celebrated destinations and the only fine dining restaurant in Napa Valley located in a winery. An extraordinary setting, innovative regional California cuisine with a French influence, and seamless service combine to create the ultimate food and wine experience. At étoile, Chef Perry Hoffman marries classic, French-influenced technique with contemporary culinary innovation and fresh, seasonal ingredients. Hoffman works closely with Chandon winemakers to explore the interplay between wine and food, enhancing the experience of both. Guests may dine a la carte, or explore the ultimate food and wine pairing experience through Chef Hoffman's tasting menus at lunch and dinner. The restaurant features a Wine Spectator "Best of" Award Wine list and received a Michelin star in the 2010, 2011 and 2012 Michelin Guide after being recommended in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

When booking our trip to Napa we really wanted a Tasting dinner and were disappointed that French Laundry had "at least" an 8 month waiting list. I booked Etoile as a second choice and couldn't be happier with the decision. We opted for the 4 course tasting menu with wine pairings and the add on of an oyster course. It was flawless. Both my husband and I were blown away by every bite and sip. The service was OUTSTANDING and non-pretentious, we received two amuse bouche that were both INCREDIBLE and we were smiling ear to ear the entire time. Its not often that you'll hear someone say that a $500+ meal was worth every penny (least of all my husband) but, we're saying it. I'd go again myself and would recommend to anyone looking for a high end meal at a gorgeous location.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Loved the champagne brunch following our hot air balloon ride! Perfect way to end an awesome morning!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

After a day of wine tasting, had reservations made about a month before our arrival. The service was outstanding, the artistic delivery of the food was perfect and the food was exceptional. We were well taken care of and in a personal touch. We would definitely go here again!

2  Thank Lorna J
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was a nice treat after a day of wine tasting. Our server was very good. He helped us decipher the menu. Lots of choices and the flavors of everything were great. Some of us ordered a la carte and others order the 4 course tasting menu. Everyone was happy with their selection. I had the scallops and they were to die for. I don't think there is a bad option on the menu.

1  Thank Deb W
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Exceeded my expectations! Everything from start to finish was amazing, beautiful, and delicious. And the servers were charming and friendly, very well polished. It was our last night in Napa and we really saved the best for last.