“Etoile, romantic gourmet dinner”
Review of Etoile - CLOSED

Etoile
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: étoile is one of Napa Valley’s most celebrated destinations and the only fine dining restaurant in Napa Valley located in a winery. An extraordinary setting, innovative regional California cuisine with a French influence, and seamless service combine to create the ultimate food and wine experience. At étoile, Chef Perry Hoffman marries classic, French-influenced technique with contemporary culinary innovation and fresh, seasonal ingredients. Hoffman works closely with Chandon winemakers to explore the interplay between wine and food, enhancing the experience of both. Guests may dine a la carte, or explore the ultimate food and wine pairing experience through Chef Hoffman's tasting menus at lunch and dinner. The restaurant features a Wine Spectator "Best of" Award Wine list and received a Michelin star in the 2010, 2011 and 2012 Michelin Guide after being recommended in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Listed under Domain Chandon, the restaurant is actually called Etoile.

A nice location for a high end gourmet dinner. Innovative cuisine with some unusual combinations of textures and flavors. We liked very much the white corn, snap peas and oxtail aspic appetizer, the sashimi, the fish preparation in the main course. The added flavor of black truffles in some courses was noticeable. The Chef definitely deserves the award from Wine and Food.

The service was attentive, but stiff. It started with the presentation of the multi-course menu only. A la carte menu “available on request”. Then, when we asked for a taste of a wine served by the glass, the reply was “we do not do tastings in the dining room” (wow!). Overall, a very nice dinner, will go back when in the area despite some service flaws.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

A wine enthusiast friend of ours recommended my husband and I go to Etoile for lunch during our one week visit to California's wine country (our first). We showed up without a reservation at noon and were seated right away. We decided rather than do a tasting, we would put the money towards some wine at lunch. OMG! The food was so delicious we can't stop talking about it and as I type this, my taste buds are watering thinking about it!! We were fortunate enough to dine at the French Laundry that same week and although we enjoyed it in every way, I can honestly say it is our lunch at Domaine Chandon that we both still talk about! I had a halibut dish with finely chopped vegetables in a green sweet nasturtium broth that was absolutely to die for. My husband, the foodie who likes to cook, also loved his seared scallops. We each had a glass of sparkling with our meal and what better place than here! Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. We chose the outdoor patio area to dine rather than eating indoors as it was such a beautiful day and the grounds surrounding the patio provide a beautiful scenic view. We would definitely go back here the next time we return to the Napa area. I would definitely recommend lunch at Domaine Chandon as a "must do" while visiting California's wine country!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

If your in the Napa area this is a must see. If you have time for a meal make a reservation in advance and then show up early to try a sampler and enjoy the sunshine and some oysters as well. I can't think of one bad thing about this place, dress is casual if you like. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the food is magnificent. I am not an expert when it comes to wine and food but I know a good thing when I experience it!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We enjoyed the vineyard setting for the restaurant, Domaine Chandon. The wait staff was attentive and very knowledgeable about the wines that they serve.

We were disappointed with the quality of the food. For us it was a "one time" experience. There are many other gourmet restaurants in Yountville for our time and money.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was quite surprised at how slow the service was and how disappointing the food was for a restaurant that had so many accolades. I have been to many high-end restaurants and this one is comparable in price but not quality. The rabbit was super dry and bland. The only good thing is the ambiance, but it's just as good if you eat outside and skip the high priced lunch.