“A new criterion for a 5 out of 5!!!!”
Review of The French Laundry

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Creek Street
South Pasadena, California
“A new criterion for a 5 out of 5!!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were invited there as guests for a friends 60th birthday party (Party of 8 - private dining upstairs with meals and wine pairing)... it was truly one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had with food, wine, service and attention to detail. I have a new definition for a 5 out of 5! Phenomenal on all levels! Not pretentious, wonderful setting, and don't forget to visit the FL garden (across the street) the next day to see where all those incredible veggies are grown...great birding at that garden! Go Go Go for that once in a life time experience! I can't begin to describe the 16 + courses....incredible!!!

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Better than 3 Michelin stars restaurants in Paris ”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We have been to 3 Michelin Stars restaurants in Paris and by far the French Laundry is better .
With attention to details , the waiters move with coordination like in a ballet performance !
They make you feel comfortable .
The food is out of this world !
Tasty food is not enough to make a restaurant unique it is also innovation and simply making things differently , and the French laundry has it all .
Depends on the wine you are getting you should expect to pay 400 to 500$ a person but it's well worth it !
Can't say enough about this place
I wish there was something similar on the East coast !

Maryland
“Definitely worth it”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had been on the waiting list, and received THE CALL!! We were able to get in for lunch. One of our men didn't have a jacket, and they do provide one. We were blown away by each and every course. We were apprehensive that the service would be pretentious, however every server was friendly, precise and excellent. We enjoyed Leah, our server, and Brian, the Sommelier. This meal was a true experience, not to be missed. We were lucky enough to get a peek into the kitchen. I don't know how they make that magic happen in that small kitchen. Also, don't miss a walk through the garden across the street. I always said it would be a "once in a lifetime" but I hope to go back in my lifetime.

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Meal Ever!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Okay so this was a bucket list item, and for sure the most expensive meal of my life. Worth it? I think so. Everything was absolutely perfect! The setting, the service, the food, absolutely perfect! I just wish I had a bigger stomach, I was hurting halfway through. PIECE OF ADVICE: eat a decent breakfast and then nothing else for the rest of the day. They even have an entire vegetarian menu option, neither one of us chose this option but I have to say even that looked amazing. The 'regular' menu also has options, about 3 of the courses have an option A or B thing going on. My friend and I switched off making sure we would end up tasting everything on the menu and it was amazing. I took pictures of everything, I have attached SOME, yes this isn't even everything!! there was MORE much MORE...the lighting was low...sorry about the quality but I hope they wet your appetite anyway. Happy Travels and Bon Apetit :)

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“I wish I can dine here every day of the week!!! Why not?”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

If you have been travel overseas just to dine at the French laundry, that tells you something!?? Your expectations are over the moon! From the time we've walked in the magic started! Table, food, wine, personal touch, professionalism, humbleness, theatre, energy, able to deliver, big bang and wow! I want to come back! I won't list all the inspiring and creative courses meal we had, and probably over 14 courses... wine was amazing from Pontesac 198* to Rieussec 199*, what an amazing experience! Give us some more please! Mr Keller, I cant wait to come back! Superb! Thank you so much to make it so memorable!

• Visited July 2013