“The Hype”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Creek Street
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The French Laundry met and exceeded all of the hype that one might have heard about in the folklores of top restaurants of the world. The entire experience was delicious and amazing. Service could not have been more spot on and the additional elegant touches did not go unnoticed by our group. We celebrated our dear friend Allison's 30th birthday, which included personalized menus for her and a quick stop in the kitchen. Such a treat to have dined here and looking forward to the next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had looked forward to this meal for months. After hearing the legendary stories about it, I was psyched to finally get there. If you go, be prepared to drop a bundle. Four figures for us. It depends upon how many upgrades you choose and how wild you go with your wine selections. Some courses were incredible. Some were good. A couple were not good. Like the tough lobster. Not good. The service is impeccable, I will say that. But for the price, the food should be ah-mazing! Not so much. And what's up with the "donation" to the the owner's favorite charity added to the bill? Now that I've done it once, I have no need or desire to go back.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

You have to go there! great location, fantastic food just be prepared to spend a few hours or more...even for lunch. I was a little dissapointed that the only Grappa they serve is $150.00 per glass which is realy a negative for me. I would have been happy if there was at least a choice starting at $20.00 up to the $150.00, but no choice means they must have a really old, untouched bottle.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Attempted reservations exactly 60 days prior to my sister in law's 60th birthday and were shocked to actually obtain a 5:30 seating for 4. The night started with a stroll through the beautiful gardens across the street and ended with delectable desserts and take home goodies. Each course was a work of art, feast for the senses and the palate. My companions would have preferred less dessert courses, but it was a small complaint, and one I did not agree with! If you can procure reservations and your wallet will allow, go for this once in a lifetime treat!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Finally we made it to french laundry on our family trip to the US-westcoast. We knew most of the dishes from our vistis to Per se in New York. The real difference is the ambiance and the space you have got around your table. In Per se everything is very relaxed and calm, in French laundry there is almost no space between the diners and the tables. Nevertheless it was a great experience and we enjoed it.

2  Thank hirnograph