“Service excellence beyond reproach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The French Laundry

The French Laundry
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Laundry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Creek Street
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Service excellence beyond reproach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This restaurant is meticulous about their service. Be prepared to sit down and be absolutely treated like a king or queen. No request is too big or too small. But it comes with a handsome price tag. Several wait staff attend to your every need and the food is presented in art form and exquisitely prepared. Everyone at the table receives their meal at the same time in a silver dome plate. I will caution you that if you like meat, go for the regular menu. I ordered the vegetarian menu and it was the same price as the regular menu which included lobster, veal, lamb, sea bass, you name it and I only got small servings of tiny vegetables. So that is my only caveat. It is a very special treat but be prepared to pay for it. Extensive and most impressive wine list I have ever seen. They are booked solid for a reason. Be sure to make reservations months in advance.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Katherine M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
“An excellent night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We woke up three mornings in a row at 5am two months before we wanted to go to get a booking at the restaurant. On the third day we finally got in and how glad we were, it was worth the early morning wake ups!
The restaurant lives up to its reputation, the service, the food and the ambiance was fantastic.
On the morning of our booking we walked to the kitchen garden across the road to watch the gardeners working; it was amazing to think that we would be eating the produce they were tending that night! There really isn't anything I could fault the waiters engaged with us as soon as we walked in and were very attentive throughout the night. The food was exceptional, the flavours unbelievable, it was an absolute pleasure that I would happily recommend to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hot inrestairant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good better then most.. the neg was the dining room was very hot food great like all 3 times I havebeen here

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
“GIVE IT UP...DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION AT THIS PLACE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

honestly my review is about the " customer service" of this restaurant.

i made 3 reservation a month and half before my arrival in california for my Anniversary.
i showed up a week before my special night to check the status of my request....and i was told " do not plan to have a confirmation on your reservation....make other arrangements"
I was really, really upset about that answer and having a restaurant myself i could not beleived how they could be so " snob ".......
Definition of snob by wikipedia :

........A snob believes that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, class, taste, beauty, nationality, et cetera. Often the form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. For example, a common snobbery of the affluent is the belief that wealth is either the cause or result of superiority, or both........

how do they base pryority ...i am sure they must favor friends or " important people "

i am sure this place does a great business but you are not getting my 5 stars and i would like anyone that whish to have a great meal with a great atmosfere to try all the other incredible restaurant in the area near by !!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
11 Thank alessandro1954
La Habra, California
“Make reservations for this Must Do event!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Located in the center of Yountville is one of this Country's finest restaurants... French Laundry. The accolades noted in the numerous other reviews are true. We had a choice of 3 different tasting menus. Between our group of 8... We tried each of the different menus. Each member of our group was impressed with their dining experience. Presentation and concentration of flavors were superb. Both the wine and food service was impeccable. Food service was well coordinated with 1 server per 2 guests. Our sommelier was very knowledgable and entertaining. The wine list here is one of the most extensive that I have ever seen. While your choices are splendid... The prices of their wines tend to be in the area of ~ 300% + markup. I like searching wine lists to find the hidden bargains...but I didn't find any "steals" .

Expect to pay $270 for food service. DO make reservations well in advance. This should be on everyone's bucket list.

• Visited February 2013