“Hot inrestairant”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Creek Street
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good better then most.. the neg was the dining room was very hot food great like all 3 times I havebeen here

There are newer reviews for The French Laundry

Reviewed February 21, 2013

honestly my review is about the " customer service" of this restaurant.

i made 3 reservation a month and half before my arrival in california for my Anniversary.
i showed up a week before my special night to check the status of my request....and i was told " do not plan to have a confirmation on your reservation....make other arrangements"
I was really, really upset about that answer and having a restaurant myself i could not beleived how they could be so " snob ".......
Definition of snob by wikipedia :

........A snob believes that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, class, taste, beauty, nationality, et cetera. Often the form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. For example, a common snobbery of the affluent is the belief that wealth is either the cause or result of superiority, or both........

how do they base pryority ...i am sure they must favor friends or " important people "

i am sure this place does a great business but you are not getting my 5 stars and i would like anyone that whish to have a great meal with a great atmosfere to try all the other incredible restaurant in the area near by !!!!!!

12  Thank alessandro1954
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Located in the center of Yountville is one of this Country's finest restaurants... French Laundry. The accolades noted in the numerous other reviews are true. We had a choice of 3 different tasting menus. Between our group of 8... We tried each of the different menus. Each member of our group was impressed with their dining experience. Presentation and concentration of flavors were superb. Both the wine and food service was impeccable. Food service was well coordinated with 1 server per 2 guests. Our sommelier was very knowledgable and entertaining. The wine list here is one of the most extensive that I have ever seen. While your choices are splendid... The prices of their wines tend to be in the area of ~ 300% + markup. I like searching wine lists to find the hidden bargains...but I didn't find any "steals" .

Expect to pay $270 for food service. DO make reservations well in advance. This should be on everyone's bucket list.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The French Laundry is everything that people say and more. Just put away how much it's costing you and settle down and enjoy! It's like eating in heaven! We were in the private room this past weekend as we had a group of eight. What fun! The service is superb as you would expect. The staff are friendly and unpretentious. Something other fine dining staff could emulate. The food is always amazing. We did have a few tastings that were not superb but really the overall experience was spot on. Let the very expert sommelier pick out wines for you he knows the food and how to pare it. We loved the wine choices every bit as much as the food. I have been before and will go again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the French Laundry and he'll have a hard time topping that on our next one.

The food was absolutely gorgeous and delicious. Each dish was beautifully presented and no ingredient was repeated throughout the many courses. We were seated at a cozy table by the fireplace. The service was warm and hospitable, a nice change from similar restaurants with snooty and stuffy service.

Our menus had been customized for us, wishing us a happy anniversary. We forgot to take them with us when we left so my husband called to ask that they be mailed to us. Not only did they send them, they had them signed by Chef Keller who also wished us a happy anniversary. A very thoughtful and much appreciated touch.