“Great for Lunch & Dinner”
Review of R+D Kitchen

R+D Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Description: Local favorite in the heart of Napa Valley. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Reubenesque Sandwich, the Chicken and Spinach Salad, and our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascapone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is a super restaurant retreat in the middle of the Napa Valley. Casual warm and welcoming, R&D is another gem in the restaurant crown of Yountville. The unpretentious menu offers up delicious food of unique and taste tantalizing fair. Service is off the wall good with a vibrant, friendly and professional staff. Wine list is a little thin but fairly prices.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow! OK, I admit it, I was tasting wine in Napa all day and the wineries closed well before my dinner reservation. I went to the general area of the restaurant, thinking I would shop a little and maybe have a glass of wine (because all day wasn't enough!). At any rate, I parked behind a hotel and literally stumbled upon this place. They have a terrific. Patio and outside bar, and the restaurant I inside looked great. The 2 bartenders were in super-customer-service mode. Friendly, fast, and even laughed at my lame joke (too lame to repeat).

Long story short I had a glass of wine from the list, and the dip duo. Guacamole and chilled queso plus chips. Wow. Really good. I'd come back here for dinner again and will probably bring a group next time. I bet dinner is stupendous!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I ordered the shrimp salad and was very pleasantly surprised to find that it had a very generous portion of scampi-sized shrimp with the freshest greens. My companion ordered a chicken teriaki bowl which was just as generous as mine.

The restaurant is new to charming Yountville and is worth the drive. The staff were very friendly. There is inside and outside seating.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Although this bistro has incredible food and outstanding service it has a rather strange rule. You cannot order tequila, vodka, or gin straight up neat.....my friend and I, both 60 plus, attempted to order a tequila shot and were informed that it was not allowed at this restaurant! At first we thought the waitress wasn't 21, then we thought they didn't have tequila but we finally realized that, instead of not allowing patrons to get drunk shooting these libations, they just won't serve you these liquors straight.....very very very strange....you can order any other drink you like such as all the high alcohol mixed libations....i guess if it takes you longer to drink it you won't misbehave......

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch. The chicken sandwich was delicious! The atmosphere is amazing! I love the decor. Our server Andrea was behind the bar with a friendly smile. She was very helpful guiding is through the new dishes. We eat at the other hillstone restaurants and always enjoy our meal.