“Great lunch stop”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Madison
Description: Local favorite in the heart of Napa Valley. Be sure to try our versions of classic American dishes like the Reubenesque Sandwich, the Chicken and Spinach Salad, and our Three-Layer Carrot Cake with toasted walnuts and mascapone icing. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed August 11, 2013

What a fantastic place to stop for lunch.

Affordable, great service, and delicious.

We had the chicken sandwich and the Macho salad. Both were an excellent value and very tasty. Everything here is homemade and you can tell when you eat it. They have wine on tap, and plenty of selection by the glass.

We will stop here again when we are in the Napa Valley for sure!

Steve C, General Manager at R+D Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Jimmy,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad everything was exceptional! The wines on tap have been a big hit! Please introduce yourself next time you're in town--we would love the opportunity to show you some of the new items we have been working on!

Thanks again,

Steve Crompton
R+D Kitchen

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful food and especially the service! I came with my dad who has some difficulty eating large sandwiches, but he chose the spinach omelet which was fresh and cheesy. I had the carnitas sandwich - full of coleslaw and pickled onions (which overshadowed the pork a bit - slightly less stuff and more pork flavor would be better). As we were waiting for our meal, we were given a Waldorf salad -just because! What a treat. The wait staff and all servers were extremely solicitous, friendly and made our experience delightful. I'm not sure about the bad reviews - maybe it was an off night, but I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank MGA57GAL
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had heard mixed reviews about this restaurant, so had to try it for myself. Had lunch there with two friends and we loved everything that we ordered: Shrimp Louie, Tuna Burger, Chicken and Spinach Salad. The plate presentation was beautiful and the service was very good. R&D Kitchen is a new restaurant, in a beautiful new building with a lovely patio, complete with grow boxes. I would definitely return.

1  Thank Travel2223
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to dinner with a group and had a great time. Our food was delicious and our waiter really added to the fun!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was a bit pricy for apps and salads but WOW! the apps were delicious, delicious, delicious! Sit outside at one of the firepit's, its just a very warm, comfortable & inviting atmosphere.