“Bistro Jeanty Est Tres Magnifique!!!”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
San Francisco, California
“Bistro Jeanty Est Tres Magnifique!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2006

My husband I ate dinner at Bistro Jeanty recently over a long weekend and felt we had just been transported to Paris. The restaurant is truly a bistro in every sense of the word and the food and service were utterly superb. They have mastered the perfect Kir Royale with the spot on balance of champagne and kir with a delicate twist of lemon balanced on the edge of the flute. The mussels were tender beyond belief with a broth that challenged the baguette to jump into the bowl, and the duck was so succulent that I wanted to order seconds. The cheese selection was an artful progression of Napa and Sonoma's finest, and the desserts were pure heaven. The wine list included many French wines that we had long since given up hoping to find in the States. The best part of the experience was that we were allowed to linger as long as wanted at our table and had to ask for the bill -- a rare, purely French tradition that one would be challenged to encounter in any American restaurant. We also love Jeanty at Jack's, the sister restaurant in San Francisco, for similar reasons. I can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had dining at this fine restaurant. Bistro Jeanty est le meilleur!!!

3 Thank romaboots

• Korean first
denver, colorado
“L'amour Bistro Jeanty!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2006

We just spent a wonderful weekend in Napa and had one of the most amazing dinners at Bistro Jeanty! Not only was the Tomato Soup en Croque something I won't soon forget (especially because they sell the recipe on the back of a very cute post card) the waitstaff (Jamie) and bartender Bob made it a night that will linger for a long time!

5 Thank aidanethanmom
Austin, TX
“Bon Appetit”
Reviewed March 29, 2006

A charming French restaurant with cozy, old French country decor. The beef stew melts in your mouth, and the coq au vin was perfect. The dessert du jour was rum raisin bread pudding... unbelievable. The service was excellent; our waiter even recommended some non-public local wineries to visit. Although we did not sit there, the bar looked inviting and stocked. Definitely the favorite dinner we had in Napa/Sonoma (also visited Celadon, Ristorante Allegria, and the Girl and the Fig; all four were great). Be sure to have reservations.

2 Thank uvahaole
Houston, TX
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 13, 2006

I made dinner reservations for January 21st based on reviews for this excellent restaurant. Our dinner was even better than I expected.

We were seated after a very short wait so evidently someone here knows how to schedule their reservations. The restaurant is comfortable with a laid-back atmosphere. Service was good and we thought the prices were very reasonable for the delicious food and a good wine list.

For the following night I made reservations at a restaurant across the street. Perhaps it was a day spent touring wineries, but when we were seated in deafening noise at tables so close together we were almost touching another couple, we decided to leave.

We walked across the street to Bistro Jeanty to see if they had anything available and to our delight they could seat us immediately. This happened to be a Sunday night however and I would not recommend going without a reservation. They stayed packed the entire time we were there the night before.

I had the Pieds de Cochon (pigs feet w/haricot vert)as an appetizer on both of my visits. It was the most unbelievable dish I have ever had. My husband, who is totally grossed out by even the words "pigs feet", had so much of my appetizer that I had to keep reminding him that he had his own dish.

I cannot wait to schedule another trip to Napa, primarily to have dinners at Bistro Jeanty.

1 Thank CL
Coon Rapids, MN
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2006

Bistro Jeanty accomodated me very nicely as a solo on a Fri in Jan. Atmosphere was very pleasant. My dinner of butter lettuce (Mustard Vinaigrette), Coq au Vin, and buttered noodles was totally excellent. The Coq au Vin had a wonderful depth of flavor (smooth wine taste with some smokiness from the bacon) and a perfect marriage of all the ingredients. The noodles were just the right accompanyment. A 2004 North Country Pinot Noir was fantastic at only $9 a glass (not too pricey for this high quality). I can easily understand the restaurant's consistently high ratings.

1 Thank Coon_Rapids_Traveler