“Bistro Jeanty Worth Driving 100 Miles for Dinner”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Granite Bay, California
“Bistro Jeanty Worth Driving 100 Miles for Dinner”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had some special guests from Louisiana with us for a few days in Folsom, and decided to go to the Napa Valley and have a nice dinner that they would remember. OK, so we didn't drive 100 miles just to eat dinner, we stayed in a hotel in Santa Rosa and just drove over the hill for dinner.
This restaurant was chosen because we'd been here once before a few years previous, and thought it was good then. Nothing has really changed, the atmosphere is charming, the outside patio is very comfortable, and the food and service are both extraordinary.

We started off with a bottle of rose champagne, which was courteously and professionally opened and poured by our server, I can assure you not a drop was wasted. There's an extensive menu and some specials on a small chalk board that hangs by the front patio door. I don't think you can go wrong with any dish on the menu, it was all delicious and the entire meal was a very pleasant experience. If you're anywhere near Yountville, this restaurant is about good food at reasonable prices. It really makes the French Laundry look like the only thing in the laundry is your wallet. Try this place if you don't want to leave hungry and poor.

3 Thank porsche74s

• Korean first
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“I LOVE Bistro Jeanty”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Twelve years ago I dined at Bistro Jeanty, and I have been longing to come back for the best tomato soup I have ever eaten. Fortunately, it was still on the menu, and it was just as delicious as I remembered.(I even bought the recipe) The soup itself is so grand, but it is baked with puff pastry on the top and it is unbelieveably tasty. I ordered the halibut special and it was a magnificent burst of flavor in every bite. The apple tart dessert is outstanding. I can't wait for my next trip here, and I hope it is not 12 years from now!!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Ohio
“Gourmet food without being pretentious”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was the best meal we had while visiting California, and possibly one of the best of all time. (Our other Napa Valley favorite was Market in St. Helena) Charming decor with a casual but lively French country feel. Amazing Filet au Poivre, cooked to absolute perfection, with the most delicious sauce ever created. The tomato soup in puff pastry first course was also delicious. We had no room for dessert, unfortunately. Terrific service. My only complaints would be that it is a pricey meal, especially with wine, and that it was quite warm in the area of the restaurant we sat (near the back). We had let them know when we made reservations that we were celebrating our anniversary, but no one acknowledged it, which surprised us a bit. Other than that, a stellar meal.

Essenbach
“Definitely a very good place”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a great evening at Bistro Jeanty when we passed through Yountville in May 2014. Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. The food is outstanding. This is a very good restaurant for sure and not what we first thought: just a bistro.

New York City, New York
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Everything is good. The staff is better than others in the Napa Valley. During our last few trips there, unless there is a main dish we are compelled to order, we make do with a selection of their starters. The escargot, frizze salad with poached egg and lardon, and the pate, etc. For us, four starters sometimes is much more fun and appetizing than a traditional starter/main/dessert experience. But we've also had multiple great full meal experiences.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area. Make reservations or, in a pinch, ask to sit at the bar.

Cheers.