“So glad we stopped in!”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our last day in the Napa area and my niece had given us a list of places to go, of course we hadn't been to half of the places on the list but we were driving through Yountville on Saturday and I recognized the name Bistro Jeanty so after driving around for 1/2 an hour trying to find a place to park we were able to get in. The atmosphere is rustic French and very comfortable. We sat out on the patio.
The menu was well rounded and we were able to find things to please both of us, ( my husband is a very fussy eater). I had the Leek quiche and he had the mussels, both were devine! The wine parings were perfect.
It was a lovely unrushed luncheon. The waiter was attentive but not too much and all we can say is that the food we had was wonderful and we would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank bpsmith47
Write a ReviewReviews (2,067)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food here is great if you are looking for classic French dishes. It's very loud and the tables are so close together, but Bistro Jeanty is a classic and worth a visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Bistro Jeanty is my absolute favorite place to dine in Yountville. The country French food combined with a very casual atmosphere gives this restaurant comfort and versatility that can be very difficult to find.

The wait staff is *very* competent. The food is so good that it can be very difficult to make a selection from a menu full of outstanding options. Even if it doesn't sound good, it is. Try the Pike Dumplings if you don't believe it. :)

Share a bottle of wine and a board of splendid cheese with a dozen oysters or Muscles the size of steak, or go all in with a full dinner. Either way, you'll love the experience.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed May 6, 2014

One of my all time favorite restaurants!!!! Anytime I stray and try something else in Napa, I always wonder why?! Then crave the soup It is consistently (been going for over 10 years), amazingly, always beating expectations and better than the last time. We are not joking about the TOMATO SOUP! It is that OMG fantastic (I hated soups before it). Everything on the menu is to die for, and it is always served at perfection, the Chef is extremely critical of anything coming out of his kitchen. Top this delectable delights with a warm welcoming atmosphere that is paired with attentive service. Better yet, for what you get, it is a very reasonable meal that a group of 6 with a bottle of wine spent just over $300. If you can only eat out once in Napa... this is the spot to do it at.

1  Thank VeritasNat
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Had a pleasant dining experience here on Easter Sunday. Very good food, without all the pretention that foodies go for. Reasonably priced, but certainly not inexpensive.

Only mistake that I made was to not get the french onion soup, but probably just as well since I wouldn't have been able to finish my main course. Service was attentive, without being overbearing. Wine list, as one would expect in Napa, was extensive and fairly priced. Overall a 4 1/2 star experience; I rounded up to 5 on my rating.

2  Thank twhite4809