“Great Meal”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had our Thanksgiving Lunch at Bistro Jeanty. It was a great meal. Service was excellent. Would highly recommend it to everyone. Slow down and enjoy your meal..

Write a ReviewReviews (2,100)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Restaurant is charming and delightful, and is French county food, which mean everything is very rich and salty. The cassoulet ( which I ordered on my first visit a year ago) was so salty it was hard to eat. The coq au vin, which I had yesterday, was OK, but the sauce was so thick and smoky (from the bacon) that it was almost like barbecue sauce. The green beans (a side dish) were thickly coated in a creamy butter sauce. The best dish I've had (last year) was the green bean salad with warm goat cheese - light, fresh, and inventive. The tarte tatin is not worth it. When I ordered it a year ago it was burnt and I exchanged it for the chocolate crime brûlée, which was superb. This year the tarte tatin was not burned, but the apples were mushy, flavorless and overly sweet. I also had the risotto special with white truffles - the risotto was so creamy that it was served in a bowl with a spoon, and so cheesy that it was hard to taste the white truffles -- the dish was very tasty, but not worth the $48 price, which was also a surprise, because it was not posted or mentioned. After the meal, I could practically feel all the butterfat congealing in my arteries!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a delicious French restaurant, you literally feel as if you we're in France. With a wide variety of dishes all of them very well served; you will also find the specials of the day. The decoration is fantastic, cozy and nice. This is a pet friendly restaurant (only in the terrace). You should try the cassoulet as well as the mussels, and if it is on the specials of e day, the white truffle risotto is totally worth it's price.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We ate here on the spur of the moment and were very pleased. I had the pork entree and my husband had the short ribs and both were flavorful and tender. The vegetables and sauce were perfect and enhanced the dishes. For dessert you must get the crepe Suzette--just yummy. Service was very attentive and the atmosphere cozy.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've now been here twice for dinner - once was the best dinner I think I've ever had about a year ago, and then again last night when it was good, but not spectacular.

Let me tell you about the spectacular meal first - I had a pigs feet appetizer, mushroom risotto, and salted caramel ice cream and each course was better than the last. All of the courses were "specials of the day", so maybe that was the key. In any case, I still remember each bite. My party on that evening was seated in the regular section of the dining room and, while it was a bit cozy, I liked the surroundings.

Last night was quite different. The weather was blustery and we were seated on the terrace - it was warm enough, but the canvas flaps over the window opens kept slapping against the walls and a wooden door at the back kept blowing open and slamming closed. The floor was a bit uneven and so our table sloped a bit downward as well. On a warm summer evening, the terrace atmosphere would have been charming - on a blustery November evening, not so much. Of course, the restaurant can't control the weather, but atmosphere is a part of a great dining experience. I started with the tomato soup "en croute" and it was as good as advertised. My entree was a rib eye steak with french fries (the long, thin, crispy kind with a bit of herbs sprinkled on). While both the steak and fries were good, they weren't spectacular and they were a bit salty. One person in our party got the filet and he ate every bite, so maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. Dessert was a little disappointing - I got a creme caramel and it was good, but I was really hoping for the salted caramel ice cream again so probably nothing would have met my expectations.

Service was a little slow though our waiter was knowledgeable and had a good sense of humor.

So while last night's dinner was solid, I can't give it the glowing reviews of my previous experience. This gets 4 stars - an average of 5 stars for my first visit and 3 for my most recent visit.