“Flavorful food with great service.”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We ate here on the spur of the moment and were very pleased. I had the pork entree and my husband had the short ribs and both were flavorful and tender. The vegetables and sauce were perfect and enhanced the dishes. For dessert you must get the crepe Suzette--just yummy. Service was very attentive and the atmosphere cozy.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've now been here twice for dinner - once was the best dinner I think I've ever had about a year ago, and then again last night when it was good, but not spectacular.

Let me tell you about the spectacular meal first - I had a pigs feet appetizer, mushroom risotto, and salted caramel ice cream and each course was better than the last. All of the courses were "specials of the day", so maybe that was the key. In any case, I still remember each bite. My party on that evening was seated in the regular section of the dining room and, while it was a bit cozy, I liked the surroundings.

Last night was quite different. The weather was blustery and we were seated on the terrace - it was warm enough, but the canvas flaps over the window opens kept slapping against the walls and a wooden door at the back kept blowing open and slamming closed. The floor was a bit uneven and so our table sloped a bit downward as well. On a warm summer evening, the terrace atmosphere would have been charming - on a blustery November evening, not so much. Of course, the restaurant can't control the weather, but atmosphere is a part of a great dining experience. I started with the tomato soup "en croute" and it was as good as advertised. My entree was a rib eye steak with french fries (the long, thin, crispy kind with a bit of herbs sprinkled on). While both the steak and fries were good, they weren't spectacular and they were a bit salty. One person in our party got the filet and he ate every bite, so maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. Dessert was a little disappointing - I got a creme caramel and it was good, but I was really hoping for the salted caramel ice cream again so probably nothing would have met my expectations.

Service was a little slow though our waiter was knowledgeable and had a good sense of humor.

So while last night's dinner was solid, I can't give it the glowing reviews of my previous experience. This gets 4 stars - an average of 5 stars for my first visit and 3 for my most recent visit.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I'd done my homework and read great reviews about BJ. We arrived a bit early for our reservation and was told that we'd have to go and have pre-dinner drinks elsewhere b/c their bar really wasn't large enough for people who weren't eating. We came back at our appointed reservation time and were seated in a joke of a table wedged uncomfortable between another table and a wall. We waited for a good 15 minutes for our order to be taken (they really only wanted to take our drink order but I was starving and insisted they take the entire thing). We got our first course rather quickly but the steak tartare and duck confit were average at best. Then, we sat.....and sat....and sat....an hour and 45 mins later, after several complaints (and no refills on drinks) we received our lamb chops an Coq au Vin. AVERAGE. We were offered a few round of drink but at that point we were jet lagged, annoyed and ready to leave. They took our starters off the bill and sent us on our way with a "well, was it worth the wait?" from the owner. Answer: NO.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

On a recent trip to the valley, my wife and I happened by Bistro Jeanty. I had heard good things about this place so we decided to stop for lunch. Wow, what a lunch. My wife had the tomato soup which is covered with a flaky puff pastry.."delicious", and "best ever" were her words. She also had the lamb chops. Beautiful presentation, and done to perfection. I had the sweetbreads which again were just heavenly, and the veal chop. As you might expect the sauces were on the heavy side, but that's okay because the were also served on the side. Service was very attentive, and very professional. We enjoyed this lunch immensely and will return again as soon as possible. One caveat...don't expect to get this level of service and cuisine without dropping a few bucks, it's not cheap. But it is worth it.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We only had lunch here, but regretted being overly organized and reserved dinner at other restaurants. Our lunch was incredible!!! The tomato soup is a must (we don't even like tomato soup, but it was highly recommended and I now see why). The smoked salmon and the goat cheese salad were perfect too. Again - we regret dining at some of the top restaurants for dinner over this one!