“Delicious!”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We got lucky and were able to get an early reservation after a day of wine tasting. Everything we had - sweet breads, baked marrow, trout, even bread and salad - was fresh, flavorful and satisfying. We brought our own wine...but the list was very impressive.

• Korean first
Miami Beach
“Wonderful cassoulet, but very disappointing sweetbreads!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My partner and I had the pleasure of dining last year at Bistro Jeanty..it was
one of the many wonderful meals we had on that trip.
When we arrived, I was excited that they were offering a special that evening
of sweetbreads, which are one of my top 2 or 3 dishes to eat! However, I was
very disappointed upon receiving and tasting this dish...it was prepared in a very
powerful sauce that overwhelmed any idea one was eating sweetbreads. I was
shocked as I'd eaten this dish many, many times in France and had never had
it done so poorly!
However, we did eat twice at Bistro Jeanty on this year's trip. The coq au vin was
as extraordinary as last year; the cassoulet was as delicious as I've ever had.
The creme caramel was also sublime!
However, we did have two different service experiences. On our first visit, our
waitress was wonderful..attentive and wanting to make sure we were enjoying
ourselves. On the second visit, the gentleman seemed almost bored...somehow,
his attitude was less than what we hoped for in a waiter.
Nonetheless, I do feel this restaurant is one of the Napa Valley's very best, and I
definitely would look forward to any return visit.

Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I came here on my last visit to Napa and had to come back again. The food, service and decor are among the best in Yountville, in my opinion. Went there this time for a birthday dinner with girlfriends. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The Steak Au Poivre was the best I've ever had. Onion Soup is not to be missed as well.

The waiter made a suggestion of a $200 bottle of wine which I found a little off putting, but the rest of the meal was terrific. (We went with the carafes of wine since we had been at wine tastings all day and our taste buds were tired anyway).

Roseland, New Jersey
“Our Favorite Restaurant in Napa Valley”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Bistro Jeanty is the perfect meal in Yountville. We have eaten multiple times at Bouchon, French Laundry, etc etc, and the place we like the best is Bistro Jeanty since the food and service are great, the ambiance is perfect for where you are, and it is totally reliable time after time. Real French regional cooking excellent prepared. Terrific coq au vin, frites, escargot, quenelles, excellent bread, and more. We stayed at Villagio in Yountville, a short walk from Bistro Jeanty, and how good is that, walking, after a day of wine touring? We had both lunch and dinner there this year over the course of two days, and absolutely loved it. A must every time we visit Napa Valley!

• Visited August 2013
Longmont, Colorado
“Large portions for a French restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend and it did not disappoint. Four of us went for lunch. I had the special sweetbread appetizer and it was fabulous! Sweetbreads are rich to begin with and I had hoped to share with the table but no one was adventurous enough to try it. So when a pyrex dish with a huge piece of pork shoulder arrived, I was at a loss as to how I would be able to enjoy it as I was full from the appetizer (which was so yummy, I forced myself to finish it). I wound up eating the butternut squash and brussel sprouts and probably less than 1/4 of the meat and then taking the rest home in a doggie bag. In hindsight, I should have gotten two appetizers or an appetizer and a salad....then I would have had room for dessert!!!! The others got coq au vin, short ribs and the beef stew and they all loved it. We sat outside and it was a beautiful day.

I would highly recommend this restaurant. I think splitting an appetizer or salad with your own main course would leave you room to share a dessert (which looked amazing!).

Bon Appetit.