“Very good”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The standards are high in this town and this restaurant really matches with the best of them. The food was obviously prepared from scratch. Nothing pre-boxed here. The wine was surprisingly expensive so we shared a glass. Other than that it was outstanding.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm seething with envy. Yountville has three authentic French restaurants AND A FRENCH BAKERY. Okay, as foodies who cook, we've all likely heard of the others. $$$$$. So perhaps it pains me to review Bistro Jeanty because it's inexpensive. Maybe it's because the food was real country French fare or because I could actually get a reservation? Frankly I'm glad the FL was booked for the next milineum, I wouldn't have found this gem if it hadn't been. The real reason for my angst is a lack of desire to share. I'll never get seated again if people figure this one out. I have nothing against the FL... But my strategy next time will flip flop, I'll check to see if Bistro Jeanty is full and if it is I check the other two French places in town.

The food was indeed very good. The prices very reasonable. We had the creamed tomato soup and croquette (after meeting two locals who exploded with superlatives over it when we suggested we were eating at Bistro Jeanty that night), we also enjoyed the onion soup,the Beef Bourgunion and the Roast Pork Shoulder and butternut squash gratin. There was unfortunately so much food that we were stuffed before dessert or frommage... (We had a late lunch)

Very good. You'll not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Traditional french cousine. Good food and great service. Fair price. The food was not exceptional but it was good. I had the cassoulet, which was ok. The foi gras was great.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We live near the napa valley and how fortunate to have a fine restaurant nearby to enjoy! The mussels are wonderful and every morsel of food is memorable. The waitstaff knows the fine wine list and suggested a wonderful Pinot noir with our meal. My favorite place.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Bistro Jeanty is one of those places I send people to when they want a Napa Experience, and don't shy away when I say it's VERY French. Like, it is one of those places whenever I eat at that I imagine myself back in Paris sitting across from the Arc De Triomph. As French as it gets and very nice. The food is wonderful, the service is perfect, and everything is just so.

Had the Salmon Rillete which is perfect, and the Bistecca with Frites was amazing and a huge portion for the Napa Valley at any restaurant. My girlfriends Mussels were very well cooked and fresh as you can get.

Very French, but very good