“Great meal, great service”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm not a big fan of French food (it's a challenging cuisine for someone who does not eat red meat), but the black cod at Bistro Jeanty made me a convert. Service was wonderful, with an excellent waiter who took the time to discuss the dishes.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Just happened without planning more than enjoyed an incredible gastronomic lunch. Escargots, lamb tongue, steak tartare and salmon carpaccio just perfect topped off with the most decadent desserts. Chocolate sorbet and prunes soaked in Armagnac and vanilla ice cream... Need I say more!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Staying in Yountville and deciding where to eat I thought I had found a restaurant high on food but low on hype. But my expectations were perhaps too high. The main room looked very inviting but was packed so we were escorted to an enclosed concrete-floored area that I suspect is nice outdoor seating in summer but more of an overflow area in February. No problem ... I'll eat great food in any setting. But the food was just "good", not great. Service was "good", not great. I think the restaurant deserves another chance and has potential, but on this night ... for us ... it was just OK.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We ate at Bistro Jeanty on our recent visit to Yountville, CA. We had a reservation and were "somewhat" greeted by the young hostess. We asked if we could sit outside and were told that it would be a 45 minute wait to sit outside. We opted not to wait & were seated at a table for two. We were greeted by our waiter, Keith & he took our drink order & explained the specials. Looking outside, I noticed there were many open tables outside. When Keith returned he had our drinks. I asked him why we were told there would be a 45 min. wait when I could see many open tables outside. He said one moment please. He left and returned and said the reason was that they did not have enough staff to man the outdoor tables but he had arranged for us to be seated outside (why didn't the young hostess just tell us this). I felt as if Steve had gone above & beyond and we said we wanted to stay with him plus he was very nice. It was a great decision. He was an excellent waiter. As for the food...we had an appetizer of pike dumplings with lobster sauce that was delicious. My husband had Boeuf Bourguignon, which was good and I had Sole Meunière, which was excellent. We did not have dessert, as we were very satisfied with our appetizer & entrees. My only complaint is that a restaurant of this quality should not have such a young, inexperienced hostess. As Willie Degel of Restaurant Stakeout would say...your first impression of the restaurant is of the person that greets you at the door. Luckily, Keith and the great food saved our evening!

1  Thank jennyann70
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Wonderful French restaurant in the heart of Yountville. The food was beyond delicious! The bread was warm and fabulous. We had escargot appetizers which were garlicy and delicious. The sea bass was flakey and seasoned perfectly. Loved this restaurant! Highly recommend reservations!