“Best oysters in town”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mulberry
Reviewed June 12, 2013

place is nice no pretentiousness food excellent try oysters we could not get enough of them also try beff sue it out of this world and I am from New York it is hard to amaze me but they did

There are newer reviews for Bistro Jeanty

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I received such bad service at Bistro Jeanty it totally over shaddowed everything about the food. The waitress dropped an entire martini down my back. The glass then shattered and cut my foot as I stood up in shock. As I was air drying and trying to compose myself after an apology and a few napkins were thrown down, I thought I would give the server time to redeem the situation. When the bill came not one drink, appetizer or entree was taken off. I approached the manager to explain how upset I was and he said "I wish you would've told me this earlier", as he sighed and acted as though he had to perform surgery on the bill. One drink and one drink only was taken off and I was given the evil eye by the server for the remainder of our evening. If you want to get treated like a second class citizen in Napa, go shell out some cash at Bistro Jeanty and enjoy the abuse. If you want great food and friendly service, spend your money elsewhere.

1  Thank T O
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The chef was kind enough to give us the recipe to a couple of our very favorite dishes. This is our favorite place in Napa to eat a late lunch.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have been to Bistro Jeanty many times, but it has been many years since we were last there. The main dining room was reconfigured and not quite as inviting. I think it has more tables now, which made it louder and more difficult to have a conversation. The food was good but not as spectacular as it used to be. I started with the bone marrow appetizer, which consisted of three good size pieces. One of the pieces was still quite undercooked because the bone was much thicker. The waiter, after saying it was probably fine, offered to cook another one. I declined, as I had had enough by then. Frankly, I’d prefer the dish to be two pieces for $10, rather than the three pieces for $14.50, as it is very rich. We both had main course specials – rack of lamb ($38.50) and Mediterranean sea bass ($31.00). The specials were written on a small blackboard, which was brought to the table, and the waiter described each special. There was never any mention of price, and we were a little surprised when we got our bill. Both dishes were tasty, and the lamb was very tender. I’m just not sure the prices were justified, as I would not expect these prices in a bistro setting. For dessert we had the bread pudding ($9.50); it was described as have raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. It’s served in a bowl and has a lot of rich custard; again, it was tasty but had only 3-4 blueberries and one raspberry or blackberry. And, again, it could have been a smaller serving (and perhaps less expensive). The waiter was nice enough, but it did feel as though he did a fair amount of up-selling. We don’t mind an expensive meal, but the value needs to be there, and we didn’t feel that overall this was the case for our return visit. I think we might return again, but we would order differently.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This restaurant had good food - but the location was extremely loud indoors. We were hoping for something a bit more casual and relaxed.

The tomato is everything that you read about - fantastic. The rest of the food was good as well. We just had a hard time with the crowded and loud seating area.