“A Cassoulet Dream”
Review of Bistro Jeanty

Bistro Jeanty
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Jeanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cross street: Mulberry
Florida
“A Cassoulet Dream”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

What a way to be welcomed to town on our first day! We stayed in Yountville for a reason, and Bistro Jeanty is just another example of why. Arriving 30 minutes early, we were seated on the outside patio and were greeted by each staff member as we made our way to the table. The aroma that permeated the air was mouthwatering, and we could not stop talking about it when we sat down.

Starting our lunch affair, we began with the beet salad and duck foie pate. Both dishes were absolutely fantastic and left us wanting more. The word on the street was that they had the best tomato soup in town, but we didn’t venture that way.

Then came the Veal Sweetbread Pie with wild mushrooms and the Cassoulet. WOW! As soon as they set the Cassoulet down on the table, the smell that permeated the entire restaurant was now in front me. The beans, bacon, duck leg confit, toulouse sausage, garlic and bread crumbs came together to provide us with talking points that would last the rest of the day and throughout the night.

There were no negatives, at all. We are still trying to work another trip here into our schedule.

Disclosure: we like great food and wine and are willing to pay for it. Farm to table concepts and chef tastings are always preferred.

• Korean first
Oklahoma
“Go for the Tomato Soup!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here while visiting Napa for the first time. We were anxious to eat here based on all the good written reviews. We also mentioned to three separate locals where we'd be dining, and they all raved about how wonderful a restaurant it is.
So...after actually eating here, I was a little let down. The tomato soup is the best, I agree! But, I'm gonna assume we went wrong in ordering the entrees we chose-Steak Frites and Pork Shoulder. They were both good, just not blow-you-away, like we were expecting. Had we not gone in with such high expectations, it might have somehow seemed better. I'd try Bistro Jeannty again, but order different entrees or just the tomato soup.

1 Thank justtrippinok
El Dorado Hills, California
“Great comfort food!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have been here several times and each time it is wonderful. Try the cassoulet!

• Visited November 2011
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Lunch, Rude Hostess”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We almost left after our rude encounter with the snotty hostess at Bistro Jeanty, who was very unwelcoming and seemed inconvenienced by the mere fact that we were walking into the restaurant, which was nearly empty. Maybe we disturbed her nap? I’m glad we stayed - we enjoyed a tasty lunch served on a pretty outdoor patio.

1 Thank MissM721
Arlington, Virginia
“Reasonable, fun, and delicious”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Bistro Jeanty - you seem so simple and possibly a bit kitschy but you put out great food at reasonable prices. Having seen this last time we were in Yountville and being told by so many people to visit, we made this a priority and were very pleased. To start, the decor is 100% set to show their appreciation for everything French and the service was good. Our meal turned out to be wonderful and pricing was reasonable. To start we had the tomato soup with puff pastry (big enough for both of us to share) which was simply delicious - the pastry in the soup was a mix I've never had and hope to see again soon. For mains my wife had an asparagus, pea and fava bean risotto which was perfectly cooked. I, on the other hand, went with the cassoulet, which was rich and delicious. It was so big I couldn't finish it. The berry bread pudding dessert (on special that night) was good although a bit heavy on the fruit. My wife disagreed and loved the fruit addition. Overall I couldn't have been more pleased, and with it being on the casual side, I'd be back in a second after long days wandering around Napa.