“The Go-To Place For Baked Goods!!!”
Review of Bouchon Bakery

Bouchon Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Yountville
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Highly acclaimed chef Thomas Keller (of The French Laundry) is behind this beautiful Yountville restaurant. Enjoy excellent French bistro cuisine in a dining room offering wonderful Parisian ambiance. We invite you to visit Bouchon Bakery, an authentic, country-style boulangerie located next door Bouchon Bistro. The Bakery serves traditional French breads and pastries and is open from 7am - 7pm daily.
Mill Valley, California
“The Go-To Place For Baked Goods!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Absolutely outstanding and quite incredible choices here....desserts and breads are amazing. Sandwiches are great too. Lines can go out the door, but seriously worth the wait! Limited seating outside too. Also, worth driving up the road to the park if need be:). The only frustration is the number of delectable items! Best experience I had was to buy for a party of 8 and we were able to share bites of many treats! Not a one was a disappointment!! Friendly servers too:).

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“Really?”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were really looking forward to dinner at Bouchon based on prior positive experiences at other Keller restaurants. This was the exact opposite of what we were anticipating. The service started out very slow and the staff/ kitchen appeared to be overwhelmed by a full dining room. As the dinner crowd thinned the service did improve considerably. The ambience is exactly as advertised- a true trip to Paris- but the food is not. My "chèvre chaud" salad was a pile of overdressed lettuce with a slab of COLD goat cheese thrown on top. To be clear, this was not cheese that had been heated incompletely or that had been served after it cooled. The cheese had never been heated. When I failed to finish the unappetizing dish, the busboy asked me why. I explained that I was disappointed that it was cold. He looked at me like I was crazy and said in disbelief, "you wanted a warm salad?" No, genius, I wanted HOT goat cheese- the literal translation of chèvre chaud. C'mon, the staff should really know what the menu items mean. Next came the mussels. The broth was thin and lacked developed flavor. The mussels were cooked well, but the best part of the dish is the flavor in the broth and that was just simply missing. I will give credit to the truffle fries, which were addictive and my husband was very pleased with his chicken. The meal wasn't bad, but it was unremarkable at best. For a Thomas Keller restaurant, it was a real disappointment.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank citygirl059
Fremont, California
“My Consistant All-Time Favorite in Yountville”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Everytime I decide to make the drive to the Napa Valley, the first thing I do is try to get lunch reservations at Bouchon. This lovely small French inspired bistro by the man himself, Thomas Kellar, never fails to deliver in the 12+ times that I have eaten here. The french fries here are tied for the two best in the universe (in my opinion), and while I rarely order dessert, the Merangue with Salted Carmel is hands down the BEST single desert in the United States (in my opinion). Only once have I been able to drop in and get a table, so make a reservation. The dress code is casual so come as you are and enjoy some very excellent and soul satisfying food.

• Visited May 2014
Los Altos, California
“Nice French Bistro in the Napa Valley”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was my second time in the restaurant. It was, unfortunately, less remarkable than the first time. Service was great. So it were the starters. But the main course was under par.

• Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yum”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Great spot for coffee and morning sweets! A bit cramped inside when ordering. Limited seating. Obviously, not a full breakfast place.

Visited June 2014