“Must visit!”
Review of Bouchon Bakery

Bouchon Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Yountville
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Highly acclaimed chef Thomas Keller (of The French Laundry) is behind this beautiful Yountville restaurant. Enjoy excellent French bistro cuisine in a dining room offering wonderful Parisian ambiance. We invite you to visit Bouchon Bakery, an authentic, country-style boulangerie located next door Bouchon Bistro. The Bakery serves traditional French breads and pastries and is open from 7am - 7pm daily.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visited the Bouchon Bakery on a Monday, less crowded than on the weekend. We only waited a few minutes. Everything we ordered was delicious. There was a lovely courtyard with tables where we sat to eat. The coffee was good, too. I miss it already.

There are newer reviews for Bouchon Bakery

Reviewed April 18, 2014

It's all about the hype! It's Thomas Keller sure, but I've had just as good of food many other places. Nice to say we tried it, probably wouldn't go out of my way to return

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We enjoyed our dinner, the cheese plate was delightful and the fried pigs ears were delicious and crispy, the truffle fries were amazing, and the steak was really good too. The gnocchi were just okay, the texture was a bit off. The service was great, and the atmosphere was charming, would go back again. :)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Food was great. Took a little time the to toast our sandwiches. Staff was nice. Bread was great. Try it.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We visited Bouchon on the last night of our recent holiday in the USA and really wanted to like the restaurant. However, I'm sad to say that both my husband and I were completely underwhelmed by the experience.

The food lacked the flair, depth and subtlety that I'd expect from a Michelin star restaurant; the dominant flavour in all of the dishes was salt (in fact everything was incredibly salty, almost to the point of being inedible - the potato croquette I had with my pork was particularly bad).

Added to this, my husband experienced terrible stomach cramps in the middle of the night and was quite ill (he'd had the steak), which we can't say with certainty was a direct result of eating here but seems to be the primary suspect, having eaten little else earlier in the day.

I would add that both the wine and the staff were excellent. Unfortunately, this alone isn't reason enough to visit. I would recommend that you save your money and head over to the excellent Oxbow Market in Napa instead - a foodie's paradise - which we discovered the day before.