“yummy”
Review of Bouchon Bakery

Bouchon Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Yountville
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Highly acclaimed chef Thomas Keller (of The French Laundry) is behind this beautiful Yountville restaurant. Enjoy excellent French bistro cuisine in a dining room offering wonderful Parisian ambiance. We invite you to visit Bouchon Bakery, an authentic, country-style boulangerie located next door Bouchon Bistro. The Bakery serves traditional French breads and pastries and is open from 7am - 7pm daily.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Food was great. Took a little time the to toast our sandwiches. Staff was nice. Bread was great. Try it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,730)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We visited Bouchon on the last night of our recent holiday in the USA and really wanted to like the restaurant. However, I'm sad to say that both my husband and I were completely underwhelmed by the experience.

The food lacked the flair, depth and subtlety that I'd expect from a Michelin star restaurant; the dominant flavour in all of the dishes was salt (in fact everything was incredibly salty, almost to the point of being inedible - the potato croquette I had with my pork was particularly bad).

Added to this, my husband experienced terrible stomach cramps in the middle of the night and was quite ill (he'd had the steak), which we can't say with certainty was a direct result of eating here but seems to be the primary suspect, having eaten little else earlier in the day.

I would add that both the wine and the staff were excellent. Unfortunately, this alone isn't reason enough to visit. I would recommend that you save your money and head over to the excellent Oxbow Market in Napa instead - a foodie's paradise - which we discovered the day before.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Really enjoyed the experience at this restaurant. We waited a while to get seated, but once seated, the food experience was awesome. Moules au Safran was delicious.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very good bistro French. If you want to have food by Thomas keller and don't want to pay lots of money like you would at French laundry then go here.
Food was good, server was friendly and attentive. We had special appys which were very good. I had a roast chicken dish off the menu which was very good while my wife was a bit disappointed with the mussels. They were a little bland. The bread was good and while we didn't order a dessert the waiter brought us a small chocolate something as I had said it was wife's birthday when booking at Open table. This was a nice touch.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Long line rain or shine. Worth it? Not for us.
Coffee and Croissant tasted alright. The value cannot justify the stressful time standing in line and stuck in crowd. No designated sitting except two bench in the street. You have to be very lucky and patient :)