WINNER WONDERLAND

Bouchon Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Yountville
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Highly acclaimed chef Thomas Keller (of The French Laundry) is behind this beautiful Yountville restaurant. Enjoy excellent French bistro cuisine in a dining room offering wonderful Parisian ambiance. We invite you to visit Bouchon Bakery, an authentic, country-style boulangerie located next door Bouchon Bistro. The Bakery serves traditional French breads and pastries and is open from 7am - 7pm daily.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Brilliant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The display case is out of a magazine. Everything tasted as good as it looks. A must visit for every foodie passing through.

Visited March 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“Meh...okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Well, I expected a lot from all the hype but came up sorely disappointed. Maybe its because I live in NYC and have French cuisine at every turn, but this restaurant just fell very short. The cuisine was subpar for both myself and my girlfriend and the service wasnt anything spectacular. For the price, I thought it was sorely lacking and not a place I would go to again if I were to visit napa in the future.

Visited March 2013
“So worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

It was pricey but I'm so glad we went. The pork belly was superb and the lobster salad - wow! And the French onion soup just creamy almost.

Service was of course perfect and the atmosphere just beautifully decorated. The restaurant has a very lively feel.

Well worth the money. We were lucky to walk in early (6) and get a table. One of the benefits of going in the off season.

Toronto, Canada
“Doesn't live up to the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My expectations for this restaurant were probably out of whack from the start. With visions of The French Laundry in my head, maybe I thought it would be just as epic. It was not. The place is gorgeous and service is really very good. The food left me wanting, though. I mean, I was gut-busting full by the time we left (from all the butter-drenched food), but I wasn't satisfied. As a vegetarian, I had exactly one choice of entree (gnocchi parisienne) but I am used to that. Unfortunately, it was basically fried gnocchi floating in butter and some vegetables. My side of mushrooms was very tasty, but also heavy on the butter. My partner quite enjoyed his flat iron steak frites (topped with a huge medallion of herbed butter!). The fries were indeed delicious and perfectly cooked, and there was a mountain of them. We ordered some red wine, and it was served way too warm (it was not stored in a wine cooler, just on a shelf near the bar). The lemon tart we shared for dessert was good and lemony, and it was a huge slice.

Service was very professional. We sat at a table that has four legs (rather than a post in the middle). That means it was hard to get in and out as I was sitting on the banquette. At first I thought it was odd, but our server explained it is a table designated for customers in wheelchairs - then it made sense. I had to get up twice, and both times, somebody swooped over to help slide out the table immediately - it was like they were watching and waiting, and I appreciated that.

Judging from other reviews, there are plenty of people who love Bouchon. Overall, it was not the best experience for us, though.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The good & bad of Napa Restaurants”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My business partners and I had dinner at 4 different Yountville restaurants. We had the same methodology with each, however, the restaurant results were very different. Our approach was a day of wine tasting, purchasing several local bottle for our dinner, bringing our own wine to the restaurant and paying the cork fee.
I have written a specific review for each - this one for Bouchon. STAY AWAY
First, there were 8 of us. Out of the 8, only 1 person had a meal that they enjoyed. The food was average, not terrible, but not worth the visit.
Secondly, and hopefully temporarily, the bathrooms are outside. Yes the ladies in their nice dresses and high heals are forced to do their business in a Johnny!
Lastly, the lady who opens the wine and pours the wine actually enjoyed our wine without our permission. We were stunned. When you spend $100 on a bottle of wine and see the restaurant staff sneaking a glass for themselves, it was the final straw. On top of this stunt, the inexperienced manager tried to defend the young ladies actions.
There are numerous restaurants we attended, all in the same price range, all with better food, and better staff that I would recommend over this: Try Bottega, Bistro Jeanty, or REDD before spending any time here.

• Visited March 2013