“Great!”

Lucy Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucy Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at Bardessono in Yountville, Napa Valley. We offer fresh, innovative garden-inspired cuisine that embodies the Bardessono modern aesthetic and eco-spirit. Executive Chef Victor Scargle and our team, offer fresh, innovative garden-inspired cuisine that embodies the bardessono modern aesthetic and eco-spirit. Executive Chef Victor Scargle We use sustainable, organic and biodynamic products whenever possible.
Santa Rosa, California, United States
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner. We did the Wine pairing dinner and thought it was one of the best meals we have ever had.

Visited September 2013
Ross W, Manager at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Dasboot 214

Dear Kyttrt

We here at Lucy wanted to send you a quick email thanking you for your kind and warm words about on your recent dinner experience. Wonderful to hear you enjoyed the wine pairings with the dishes, our team spends a good amount of time carefully selecting great wines to marry well with Chef's great food,.

It was our pleasure in taking care of you and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Lucy.

Gainesville, Florida
“Nice Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nice happy hour here with great drink selections and wonderful outdoor seating. If you're looking for a place to relax and lounge this is a good place to go before dinner.

Dear Bryan S

Dear Kyttrt

Thank you for your kind and warm words about on your recent Happy Hour experience here at Lucy. We are pleased you enjoyed the drink selection, service and ambience and that you were able to relax in our wonderful outdoor lounge areas; perfect for enjoying a great cocktail and bite from the bar.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Perfect dinner place for couples or groups - great vibe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation here for "after wine tasting". It was just me, so I couldn't really order off the fantastic wine list. The "Dark and Stormy" cocktail caught my eye. I got hooked on these in Bermuda, where the special rum they use (Goslings black seal) is made. I've been disappointed many a time, but these guys have it down. They are supposed to use Barrett's Ginger Beer but they used a local (?) brand - awesome!

The wait staff is really good. Attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. They brought me an Amouse Bouche of gazpacho laced with basil fresh from their garden. It was pretty good.

I ordered the small size of the home made whole wheat pasta and the small size of the diver sea scallops. Soon after I ordered bread and butter appeared, and the butter had a nice ribbon of Black Sea salt on it. Perfect on the crispy Baguette style bread.

The pasta was great - obviously fresh - perfectly cooked, with a great mushroom flavor. Laced with corn and a slightly bitter green (radish?) that made a nice counterpoint to the slightly sweet wheat pasta. Terrific.

While waiting for the scallops I started writing this review. I saw the (attached) hotel had a guest wifi so I tried to connect. No such luck - you have to be a hotel guest. Come on, it's 2013, places need to offer free wifi for patrons for goodness sake!

I'll admit that I have a thing about scallops. I love them and order them a LOT. I'm pretty flexible because I've grilled them at home many times and know that there is about a 10 second difference between undercooked and hockey pick. These guys nailed it. Perfect. They were on a sun choke and artichoke purée. Meh. I would have preferred something more citrusy or toothsome. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't auditive. There was also quince scattered around, which is a little bitter for me. I actually think a pesto of some kind (walnut? Pistacchio?) with lemon zest (if you want to stay with bitter) would be a little better. I enjoyed it though.

Of course since I ordered the 1/2 plates I had room for desert. I ordered their version of strawberry shortcake and the recommended pairing (a moscato). The waiter brought an additional wine he felt paired better, a late harvest Viognier. That was a new on on me. The moscato was really good, but the LHV was amazing. They had a nice cheese selection as well but, believe it or not, I was stuffed.

The total bill was $72 before the tip, which I thought was a fair price for the tremendous dining experience I had - and I was by myself! You should try this place out. I sat on the patio and it was great, but inside looked very nice as well.

• Visited September 2013
Dear Dallas SM

Thank you kindly for the great feedback regarding your recent dinner here at Lucy. Excellent detailed points that we can address with our team; your comments regarding the scallops are great and our culinary team will certainly look into the presentation on this dish.
The Dark and Stormy is a very popular cocktail here, the ginger beer we use is a Cock n Bull and was the original ginger beer used when it was first created back in LA in the 50’s. We are happy to hear you enjoyed it.
My apologies for the WiFi, we do have a public and general access code and it should have been free to access; not just for our hotel guests. We should have explained more clearly the logging on process.
It was our pleasure in taking care of you and we look forward to seeing you return soon to Lucy from Dallas.

Happy Valley, Oregon
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here the first night we stayed at the Bardessono Hotel. What a great experience! This place was the total package: the facility is decorated in an upscale, modern decor; the service is perfect; the food is largely local, fresh, creatively prepared, and tastes amazing.

Our server, Nick, was great, and the manager, Guy, stopped by our table several times to check in on how we were doing, which was a great personal touch. Somehow they had heard from the hotel that our visit was a belated birthday celebration for my wife, and they had a good time playing it up. There are many great restaurants in the Napa region, and Lucy's deserves to be high on your to-do list.

Dear Jim A

Thank you kindly for the great feedback regarding your recent dinner here at Lucy. Wonderful to hear you spent a momentous occasion here with us and that we recognized the event also.

We are pleased you enjoyed the food, service and ambience; particularly Nick and our Lucy Manager Guy, both great additions to the team and perfect examples of what we strive for every day.

It was our pleasure in taking care of you both and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Lucy.

Chicago, Illinois
“Check this wonderful lady out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great restaurant in Yountville. Different menu choices with nice pricing options. The food was very fresh tasting and it's nice that most is sourced locally. The level of service provided was fantastic. Make sure you try the rhubarb dessert it was to die for.

Dear Michael S

We here at Lucy wanted to send you a quick email thanking you for your kind and warm words about your recent dinner experience. We are pleased you enjoyed the food, service and ambience and that you attractive pricing on offer.
We aim to feature as many locally sourced products as we can, indeed a lot of product comes from our very own sustainable garden here on site. And thank you kindly for the positive words regarding our servers; we aim to provide attentive service in an approachable atmosphere.