“Yummy”

Lucy Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucy Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located at Bardessono in Yountville, Napa Valley. We offer fresh, innovative garden-inspired cuisine that embodies the Bardessono modern aesthetic and eco-spirit. Executive Chef Victor Scargle and our team, offer fresh, innovative garden-inspired cuisine that embodies the bardessono modern aesthetic and eco-spirit. Executive Chef Victor Scargle We use sustainable, organic and biodynamic products whenever possible.
New York City
“Yummy”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Anything with mushrooms! Wine steward very knowledgeable. Whole wheat pancakes way to go. Try the excellent rest room!

Visited August 2013
Ross W, Manager at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear rdkflk

Thank you kindly for your great comments on your feedback regarding Lucy. We love mushrooms too and the whole-wheat pancakes are one of the specialties here.

And thank you for your wonderful comments on our Sommelier, Anani, we too think very highly of him.

The restrooms are the best kept secret in Napa Valley and do indeed deserve high praise!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lucy again in the near future

Orlando, Florida
“Amazing Service & Food”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

While I'm not a foodie, and I really would rather not pay these prices, I must give a nod to Lucy Restaurant and Bar. The service was exceptional even for exceptional Napa Valley standards. It is located at the Bardessono Hotel and Spa. I find the ambiance so charming. The outdoor area with the subtle fountains, white lights and trees is exceptional. The inside seating is also perfect Napa - warm and smart and lovely. Greg was our server. He is outstanding. Roy is a manager, I believe, and was gracious and sincere. My friends, local Napa natives, regulars of Lucy Restaurant and sophisticated foodies, brought me.

We brought our own wine from Domaine Carneros (amazing sparking wine and most gorgeous winery in the area). They are known for their carrot salad. I really can't say I loved it. But I was in the minority at our table. I got the half portion halibut for $16. It was wonderful. But indeed, a small portion. I also got a side order of spinach for $6. The spinach wasn't anything to write home about but fine. I am thankful there was a reasonably priced side option for me. One friend got amazing local petrale sole. I sampled it and it was wonderful.

I am actually a notoriously light eater and a small person. Still, fine dining has very small portions. But, if you want to experience fine dining, I feel very good about recommending Lucy Restaurant.

Dear MCO Travelor

Thank you for your fantastic feedback regarding your recent dining experience here at Lucy. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the service and ambiance and had great words about Greg, your server. I believe you may have meant Guy, our Restaurant Manager.

Your comments about the food have been well received, sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy the carrot salad. The small portion on the halibut as well as the spinach side dish will be addressed also, we typically service a 3-4oz portion on our half dishes, and our apologies if it was a little smaller than it should have been.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Lucy.

West Vancouver, British Columbia
“A great find!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We thought that this restaurant must be very under rated as we were easily able to get a last minute reservation. We had the most amazing heirloom tomato salad! There are choices for your portion sizes which we very much appreciated as we're not big eaters and we usually have to figure out what we'd BOTH like to order so we can split a dish. Here we got exactly what we wanted and neither of us was disappointed - either with our own meal or each other's :) Our waiter was excellent, and, without going in to too much detail, make sure you pay a visit to the washrooms at some point during your visit!

Visited August 2013
Ross W, Manager at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Queen Bee10

We here at Lucy wanted to send you a quick email thanking you for your kind and warm words about on your recent dinner experience. We are pleased you enjoyed the food, service and ambience and especially the restrooms; they are the worst kept secret in the valley!

It was our pleasure in taking care of you and we look forward to seeing you make the trip down from Canada again soon to come and see us.

Nebraska
“Bring your dog to dinner night!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We experienced Lucy on a Tuesday evening which is "Bring your dog to dinner" night. The patio was nearly full with diners and dogs. Good for them. Not so much for us and possibly the 2 other occupied tables in the dining room. The dimly-lit dining room was somewhat off-putting to us. So was our server, Cesar, who was mostly interested in upselling wine. When asked about some of the dinner choices, all he could do was recite the ingredients. For most of the evening we would have had a better chance to see his face on a milk carton at Oakville Grocery than in the dining room. The soup was lukewarm. The tomato salad was tasty, but nothing exceptional. Apparently the chef likes his/her salmon cooked medium rare to the exclusion of other temperatures because that's the way it arrived nothwithstanding an order to the contrary. Oh by the way, if you are going to charge me $37 for the lobster rissoto then I am going to expect you to serve it to me on a plate that has been warmed. All of the plates were stone cold as they came from the kitchen. We thought we'd make up for it with the $11 brownie sunday. Wrong. I guess we forgot to order the tweezers and magnifying glass necessary to find and dissect the brownie hidden beneath 2 tablespoons of ice cream. In two words - stunningly mediocre. All of this plus 1 glass of wine each for $150 excluding gratuity.

1 Thank prairieguy16
Dear prairieguy16

First and foremost let me apologize once again on behalf of myself and all the team here at Lucy. Your candid feedback and comments regarding your recent dining experience have been taken very seriously and we will address the concerns with the server and food portions.
Clearly this is unacceptable and I assure you, is not a true representation of the experience we hope to provide our guests here at Lucy.
I appreciate you also taking the time to talk to me personally recently and we were able to resolve the situation amicably.
Should you return to the Napa Valley, please contact myself personally so we can ensure your next meal with us is a more memorable one.

Sarasota
“fabulous experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

can't begin to tell you how much our family loves this restaurant beginning from the front door greeting to the staff, the food, the presentation, the delivery,the manager and the knowledge everyone had about what was served in this great great restaurant.
Can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2013
Ross W, Manager at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Trailer king

All the team here at Lucy wanted to take a moment and thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the experiences you have enjoyed here at the restaurant.

We strive to make sure all guests receive a warm welcome, attentive service and great food. We are happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves and look forward to seeing you again here at Lucy soon