“Who knew, great dining at a hotel”

Lucy Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucy Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located at Bardessono in Yountville, Napa Valley. We offer fresh, innovative garden-inspired cuisine that embodies the Bardessono modern aesthetic and eco-spirit. Executive Chef Victor Scargle and our team, offer fresh, innovative garden-inspired cuisine that embodies the bardessono modern aesthetic and eco-spirit. Executive Chef Victor Scargle We use sustainable, organic and biodynamic products whenever possible.
Los Angeles
“Who knew, great dining at a hotel”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I can't say I've ever been impressed with a hotel dining experience. Lucy breaks the mold.
Sit outside to enjoy the pleasant fountains and lush greenery; the inside dining room is not exceptional in any regard.
The menu delivers on the "Local & Seasonal" concept and flavors are innovative, fresh and well presented. Having enjoyed Lucy a few times, I would lean towards recommending any of their land animal plates over the seafood. Choosing a restaurant in this area is difficult as there are so many wonderful options. Put Lucy on your list.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank HelenaBla
Ross W, Manager at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear HelenaBla

We here at Lucy would like to say thank you for your review from your experiences here at the hotel and restaurant in June of this year.

We are very happy that you enjoyed the food, service and the concept here at Lucy. We aim to utilize as much local and organic produce in all our menus and we so glad you enjoyed the flavors and presentation. The outside seating is certainly the opitmal area to be during the summer months also.

It was our pleasure in taking care of you and we look forward to seeing you return again and again to Lucy.

Cheers

California
“Excellent breakfast...and in a hotel!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

To be frank, I don't expect much out of hotel breakfasts anymore. Most of the time they are $25 buffets with overcooked yellow lumps that may or may not be eggs with greasy bacon, sausage and probably some cups of yogurt stuck in ice. The Lucy restaurant at the Bardessono came as a wonderful and pleasant surprise.

I had the duck confit hash with root vegetables, potatoes and a slice of toast. Everything was done extremely well: the vegetables are from their gardens and cooked perfectly, the toast was from Acme bread (2 selections) and hot, my egg was cooked perfectly and the plate was beautiful. I should also mention the delicious homemade berry preserves (also grown by them) And it was under $20! My husband had the traditional breakfast. Again, it was perfectly cooked and delicious. He had a gorgeous piece of pork belly as well, though--I was jealous. We also ordered a fruit plate which had three different kinds of berries, plus grapefruit slices, orange slices and pear slices. Wonderful.

The one small caveat to everything being perfect was the service after our meal (up to receiving our food it was great). We couldn't find our server after we ate so we had to ask the hostess for our check.

I would highly recommend coming to Lucy for breakfast. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
Ross W, Manager at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Notacamper99

We here at Lucy wanted to send you a quick email thanking you for your kind and warm words about on your recent breakfast experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you enjoyed the food, service and ambience and that you were able to have a great start to the day here at Lucy.

The comments regarding the dropping of the check is invaluable and we will use these feedback as a training tool for our team.

It was our pleasure in taking care of you both and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Lucy.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Died and Went to Restaurant Heaven”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were treated like royalty at Lucy! The service was impeccable-our waitstaff was friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely attentive. Our server (Eddie, I think) recommended the antelope and it was so good I left saying that was the only meat I wanted to eat from now on. We ordered one of their least expensive bottles of wine, but based on their excellent service you would have thought differently. Yountville has a lot of fine dinning options, but Lucy stole my heart right from the start.

• Visited November 2012
Ross W, Manager at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Jenny

We here at Lucy wanted to send you a quick email thanking you for your kind and warm words about your recent dinner experience. We are pleased you enjoyed the food, service and ambience and that you especially enjoyed the antelope and Eddie's service. It was our pleasure in taking care of you and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Lucy.

Kirkland, WA
“I love this place”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

They are always doing fun events and have amazing service, great cocktails and the food keeps improving. Stop here for sure.

Visited October 2012
Ross W, Manager at Lucy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
We here at Lucy wanted to send you a quick email thanking you for your kind and warm words about on your recent dinner experience . We are pleased you enjoyed the food, service and ambience and you were well taken care of by Eddie, we too hold him in high regard.

Director of Food & Beverage
Cudjoe Key
“We loved Lucy”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was the best dining experience during our 7 day trip through wine country. There were four of us and each of us agreed that the total experience was perfect. I started with the carrot salad....yummy. It was light and so flavorful (not overwhelming). The carrots were blanched perfectly. My next plate was small portion of homemade wheat pasta with wild mushrooms....this was by far one of the best dishes I have ever had. It was pappardelle looking noodles in a white wine broth with fresh, wild mushrooms. My entree was lobster risotto....again, EXCELLENT. Cooked perfectly, buttery, creamy, flavorful - perfect. the wine list had something for everyone and prices were quite reasonable. The service was superb....our server Eddie was THE BEST. So knowledgeable and always right on key with our needs. What a great place. My only regret is that I don't live next door, so I could eat there every day......

• Visited November 2012