“Romantic Inn”
Review of Vintage House

Vintage House
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed April 9, 2007

My husband and I celebrated his 40th birthday at this quaint and romantic Inn. It is located in the very beautiful town of Yountville and walking distance to great restaurants. Some have said the rooms are noisy. Ask for the room on the Yountville side by the circle fountain. Specifically upstairs for the high vaulted ceilings and you won't go wrong. The rooms are beautiful and spacious with fireplace and jacuzzi tub and balcony. The breakfast buffet is always fresh and very delicious with plenty of champagne included. We ate at the French Laundry, got in because of a cancellation. Wonderful experience of a lifetime with a hefty price tag of over $800 for the meal. The wine paring added up but you should try it at least once for a special occasion.
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. The location to all the winerys was also great and the atmosphere was very relaxing. Loved the whole Napa experience.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zacani

Reviewed January 28, 2007

We stayed at the Vintage Inn for 5 days during the crush of 2004. It was a beautiful location, excellent location, restaurants & shops within walking distance, and the friendliest staff we've ever had. The year prior we stayed at the Villagio Inn and adored it so much, we stayed here b/c we knew it was their sister hotel. Yountville is the perfect location for anyone traveling to Napa Valley. The breakfast at the Vintage (and Villagio) is terrific, afternoon tea is a nice perk after a day of visiting wineries, the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The fireplace is very nice, we lit our dur-a-log every nice. i'd read other reviews which say the noise level is disturbing from the highway and the fake logs are tacky, but we didn't find either of these things true at all. We loved every aspect of our stay here and would highly recommend it to anyone. A+

• Stayed: October 2004, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Katie C
Reviewed October 4, 2006

What a perfect place to stay. My wife and I spent three wonderful days in the Napa Valley and this Inn was the perfect place to stay. At arrival we were quickly checked in and given a map to our room and told where to park the car. We had called the concierge before our trip and they had waiting for us the information on our reservations at the local restaurants. A bellman was waiting to meet our car and to get our luggage into the room. He then went over the room and explained everything about it to us.

The room was spacious and very comfortable. I wish the writing table had been just a touch larger. The bathroom was great in that it had two sinks which certainly helps in getting ready and out the door in the morning. The Inn was in walking distance to both Bouchon and Bistro Jeannty. It felt great to take a leisurely stroll hand in hand to dinner and back. There was a bottle of Champagne in our room when we checked in and the turndown service left a bottle of Evian on both sides of the bed at night.

The breakfast was wonderful and varied. It certainly helps to have something on your stomach before going to the wineries, and to not have to go out for the breakfast was a plus. The concierge was knowledgeable about the wineries and helpful in steering our tastings. In the afternoon there is a small tea and once again we would have a small bite. There was no road noise that others have mentioned, and we were on the first floor closest to the highway. I would highly recommend this Inn for you travels.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank cashme
Reviewed August 29, 2006

What a lovely hotel! This small gem is located right across a quiet street from the restuarant Bouchon. It is a quick walk the opposite direction to The French Laundry making the location ideal. Even if you aren't staying in Yountville for the food, this location is minutes from all of the wineries in the Napa Valley.

The staff could not have been nicer and accomodated every request. The room they assigned us was beautiful! It was on the second level and had beamed ceilings, a fireplace and a to die for bathroom. The tub was extra deep with jets and loads of lavender scented bath salts. The other amentites consisted of L'Occtaine products. - YUM! The hotel provided tons of extra towels and both light &heavy robes. A complimentary bottle of Bereniger wine was included. The view from our window was of a small fountain which you could view from our balcony.

Afternoon tea and scones as well as a wonderful champagne breakfast buffet was included with our room. The tea was just right to hold us over until dinner and the breakfast was far nicer than we expected! It had hot and cold items -- everything from scrambled eggs to meats to fresh cut fruit and pastries to juices. And even a respectable Mumm champagne!

The hotel grounds are well maintained and ideal for a short evening stroll. There are lots of water features to enjoy and the birds seem to love it there. If you want a 5 minute evening stroll I also recommend leaving the property and walking north on Washington Street (in front of the hotel) about 1 block to enjoy the beautiful garden across the street from The French Laundry. When we visited, the garden had everything from sunflowers to melons to vegatables of all varieties. It looked and smelled great!

I would highly recommend staying at this hidden find!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
11  Thank brooksz
Reviewed August 5, 2006

My wonderful wife got reservations for my birthday to The French Laundry which is near this Inn. The concierge at the inn has some standing tables at the restaurant so she got us reservations through the Inn and so we stayed at the Vintage Inn. I didn't rate it as excellent because I think it is a bit overpriced for the value. Check in was very quick. We were given a little map as to where our room was and where we should park. A bellhop met us at our car and took us and our luggage to our room. We had an inner courtyard room and it was nice and quiet. We were on the ground floor. Our upstairs neighbors were a bit heavy footed but not disturbing. The room was nice, good sized and comfortable. Clothing storage is a bit of an issue. There is a wardrobe with room for some hanging clothes and a small cube like thing for folding clothes inside the wardrobe. No dresser or chest of drawers. I found a bobby pin, not my wife's, on the floor on the second day of our stay. Bathroom was very nice. 2 person whirlpool tub and double sink vanity made for easy prep each day. Toilet was not firmly bolted to the floor and was wobbly when sat on. The inn has a very extensive and expansive breakfast buffet each morning. American to European foods are provided and it's included in the room rate. They also have a nice afternoon tea. The usual kinds of pastries and teas are available. It's also included in the room rate. Your first night's stay there is a complimentary bottle of wine in your room. Pretty mediocre wine, but a nice touch. Turndown service is included and includes a nice chocolate on the bed for each guest. As it was my birthday they also brought 2 small bottles of Napa Mumm champagne in an ice bucket along with 2 champagne flutes to our room. A nice touch. Grounds are very beautiful. But for $340+ per night I think it was just a bit overpriced. I'd stay there again for a very special occasion, otherwise I might look elsewhere. St. Helena and some of the towns a bit further north in wine country have rooms for a better price. Although the Vintage Inn can get reservations with the French Laundry. So that was a nice plus.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
12  Thank San_Diego_Mike
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed May 25, 2006

A friend who was heading up to the Vintage Inn for work meetings invited me along and what an amazing getaway it turned out to be. Our high ceilinged upstairs room looked out onto the fountains and well manicured gardens. I spent almost every afternoon reading on the sunny balcony that adjoined our room.

The service was fantastic. When I asked about the delectable rasberry jam served with the afternoon tea and scone service, the hotel staff not only told me who the producer was, but offered to sell me a few jars of it. And my package of jams was beautifully wrapped up when I arrived at the front desk for checkout. In addition to this, I often had one-off questions for the front desk staff and all were answered cheerfully and promptly. Also take note, the Vintage Inn has the best maps of Sonoma and Napa wineries that I've seen anywhere. Definitely get one while you're there!

Although I am not a huge breakfast eater, you could skip lunch after the bounty served at breakfast. The fresh fruit - sweet blackberries, tasty melon, ripe pineapple - was my favorite and definitely hightlights the best that california produce has to offer! For those who prefer more savory delights, there was a wide selection of eggs, roasted asparagus, divine looking beets, meats and cheeses. . .I could go on forever about how perfect breakfast was.

The outdoor areas are lovely as well. The pool was not only clean, but the perfect temperature. And, the garden dining was the ideal place to enjoy a glass of champagne or tea, whatever your fancy.

All in all it was a wonderful getaway and I cannot wait to return to the Vintage Inn. Thank You!

• Stayed: May 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 19, 2006

We have stayed here on several occasions, & have loved it everytime! We have stayed other places too, but over the years have always come back here. Although it's close to the highway, we have never been bothered by the noise. The staff has always been friendly & helpful. Breakfast is exceptional! The rooms have spacious bathrooms w/ jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, comfy beds. Free use of a fitness facility a short walk away. Spa treatments at their sister hotel The Villiago. We highly recommend The Vintage Inn!! We are regular visitors, and will contine to stay here when visiting. The location is great! Yountville is a wonderful little town surrounded by fabulous restaurants! We love Bistro Jeanty!

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank luvnlife247
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
North Block Hotel
North Block Hotel
#4 of 6 in Yountville
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Vintage House? Share your experiences!